Attack Simulator

This is a place for Newbies to get help on anything they're not sure about. Don't be afraid to ask!
Mar
Quiet One

Post by Mar »

+ 2 * (Combat Drones)... that would mean 200 rating from CDs on a DC... ;)

Attack Rating: INT ( (ShieldDamage + ArmorDamage) / 40 + (Combat Drones) /50 )

Trigeks look right to me.
=)

It takes one to be one!
Vtreka
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Vtreka »

Shesh Azool as the coder you could have at least left him the formulas :P

Mar is right with the Att one:

Attack Rating = INT(((Amour weapon dmg+Shield weapon dmg)/40) + (Drones/50)
I.e. ITMS /w PPL + 400CD's = INT(((150+150)/40) + (400/50)) = INT(300/40) + (400/50) = INT(7.5 + 8 ) = INT(15.5) = 16 (INT means to round up when .5 or larger)

Vladdy was right for defence:

Defense Rating = INT(Shields + Armour + (3 * Drones))/100

I.e. Death Cruiser = (800 + 400 + (3*100))/100 = (1200 + 300)/100 = 1500/100 = 15

CD's definately need changing to 2 dmg each for ship to ship combat (note that ships do 2 dmg against ports and planets but port and planet CD's only do 1 dmg to ships, plus planets take 1/4 dmg).

Something definately wrong with the accuracy, I have no idea on formula's there. At last check for weapons it was:

INT((Base + Attacker level) – (Deffender level/2))

and for drones it was:

The number of drones attacking = Random(3 to 54) + Random(Attacker level/4 to Attacker level)

but these may have been modified since I am not sure.

Otherwise great tool with some fixes will be a great for newbies and vets alike.
Founder of: Death Control, Life Control and The Order
Member of: DK, CM, EdL, Northstar, RR, FTV, FI, SPB, TD, LoM, LB
Vladdy
Quiet One

Post by Vladdy »

Mr.Badass (626) (none)
Federal Ultimatum (35.4/16.6)
almost correct, you need to round off the ratings, 35.4 to INTEGER, 16.6 to 1 decimal less
Merchants Guide to the Universe
http://mgu.smrealms.de

Retired!!!
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I worked on it today fix the Defense Rating and the amount of cds that attack. I think I need to work on the weapon accuracy next. I want to say thank you to eveyone that has help with information.
Rosebud
Quiet One

Post by Rosebud »

Mother Ship
Rating : 15/22
Shields : 1000/1000
Armor : 50/50
CIJSD : --**-

Forces
Mines : 0/0
Combat : 400/400
Scout : 0/0

close... very close....

Fully armed ITMS with lvl 5 wep is 16/23. Also Mother Ship doesn't have a jump capability however nice that might be.
B.O.B. - Rosebud is one of craziest cool drunks I know.
Vladdy
Quiet One

Post by Vladdy »

You forgot add Mr.Badass's weapons "ERROR"

Please start over again
he had a ship with 0 hp's...

also it seems to have problems with ship names with a ' in it
Merchants Guide to the Universe
http://mgu.smrealms.de

Retired!!!
Vtreka
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Vtreka »

Not sure if this is relevant but everytime I get to the entering your weapons page in now I get a HTTP 500 Internal server error. "Vtreka's /\ House" was name (was testing to see if any other character's were not escaped properly, we had this problem in SMR with ' " \ characters leaving \ after each of them if used). ITMS was used with PPL and FU used with HHG/SEMFCx3/CBDx2 and TL the error came after hitting submit.

The problem with the ships seems to be that they aren't rounding properly. Possibly always rounding down to nearest decimal instead of up if its .5 or more.

[Edit]: Tested again with same settings but used nick Vtreka's only (really doesn't like those characters :P)without all the other stuff and got this error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression ''Vtreka's',30, 'Mother Ship',1000,1000,50,50,400,400,1,'Planetary Pulse Laser',150,150,34, 'none',0,0,0, 'none',0,0,0, 'none',0,0,0, 'none',0,0,0, 'none',0,0,0,'none',0,0,0,'none',0,0,0,135737);'.

/freon22/simulator3.asp, line 282

Third test: Ok just used Vtreka this time and all worked well except that CD's when doing dmg carry over from shields-Cd's-armour if it does more dmg then is left on the ship. The ITMS I had did 448 dmg first shot and on second shot it did 150 PPL dmg + 256 CD dmg. It report all this as killing shields of the FU which totals to 854 dmg but FU only has 700 shields. from 700 onwards the extra 154 dmg should have been done to the Fu's CD's.
Founder of: Death Control, Life Control and The Order
Member of: DK, CM, EdL, Northstar, RR, FTV, FI, SPB, TD, LoM, LB
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Yel some character's will cause an error. The database is an old one from the SM day all I did was add the new ships and weapons to it. The reason for the character error is that I was playing around with SQL insert and I had left the database open to SQL Injection attacks. I should sanitize the user's input before its put into the sql statement, but I didn't got tied up doing some other coding. So don't use character's like " ' / \ % @ or any other's just use a proper name. If the database gets deleted or trashed I do have a copy, but will have to leave the site down intill I fix the sql insert statement. I got the weapons accuracy working better but have not uploaded it to the server yet.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Vtreka wrote: Something definately wrong with the accuracy, I have no idea on formula's there. At last check for weapons it was:

INT((Base + Attacker level) – (Deffender level/2))
Today I start to rework my accuracy code. The first thing I did was to set up a test page. So that I could input the differant values then have the script fire the weapon 100 times. This way if the weapon accuracy is rated at 52% then it should be "true" about 52 times out of 100. Some times it will be a little more and sometimes a little less. Because each time it fire it is base on 52% out of 100.
But it seem to be firing right, so if Azool or MrSpock could visit my site and run the test page. Please let me know if it is hitting close to your script.
http://www26.brinkster.com/freon22/ the link is on the first page test page. Thanks
http://www26.brinkster.com/freon22/testfire.asp