upgrading ports in Awakening

This is a place for Newbies to get help on anything they're not sure about. Don't be afraid to ask!
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

OmegaRenegade wrote:even with direct dictonary quotes you still argue it, very stubborn
Yes, I am also very right, and you are very wrong. Suck it up newbie
Travdan
Quiet One

Post by Travdan »

OmegaRenegade wrote:The amount received for a commodity or service in excess of the original cost
Uh... OmegaRenegde, did you notice that one of the definitions you posted in support of your usage glaringly shows why your defense is flawed?

The quoted definition, in algebraic terms is:
(money given to you for a product) - (money you paid for that product) = profit.

Sorry OR

NOTE: The usage that most appropriately fits SMR is the one that is used in the context of economics (which is precisely the definition I quoted).
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

*sigh* none of you were english majors were you?

Yes travdan, I am very well aware that that definition I posted was the definition that Ardbeg was using, if you look at the sentance above that you'll notice I did that on purpose. Its called using contrasts, what I was trying to show was that my usage in this context was correct based on the wider understanding of the word's meaning and not the smaller though apperently more well known definition that ardbeg was opting for.

Since that obviously failed I can only hope that you english isnt your native launguage.
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

Oh, so we're conducting english language debates here now are we - well, in that case I would like to point out that where there are multiple dictionary definitions for a word, there are also different contexts in which one definition is appropriate where others are not. As I have explained at great length, the appropriate use of the word profit in this context is the net change in port cash, which is not what determines port upgrades.

OR, you are quite simply wrong, and no amount of blowing smoke or convoluted semantics debates will change that fact.

When will these punk newbies learn that debating with me is a lost cause?
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

maybe we'll learn when you debate intellegently instead of using lame insults and start making real points instead of repeating over and over "I'm right and you're wrong, I'm right and you're wrong..."
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Nariis

Post by Nariis »

Well, if I get the information, the manual will be updated. That's a large project for me now. For those of you that didn't know, I haven't had access to a stable computer for a year now. I'm back now on a decent computer, so I can get back to work. Email me at Nariis@smrealms.de with what ya'll would like to see in the manual, and someone KINDLY point out stuff that is no longer accurate, and I'll get it reworked as quick as possible.