upgrading ports in Awakening

This is a place for Newbies to get help on anything they're not sure about. Don't be afraid to ask!
smeghead

upgrading ports in Awakening

Post by smeghead »

Howdy.

Before I waste a bunch of cash and turns trying to upgrade a port I thought I should find out what the current stats are.

My current understanding is that you have to spend $10 mill on buying goods to upgrade to the next level, and there is a limit of $1000 per good, so in an IST I could only do it in $300k increments.

Am I correct?

Also, if for example I wanted to upgrade a level 4 to a level 5, I should only have to spend $10mill, NOT $50mill right?

TIA.
Max Power
Quiet One

Post by Max Power »

you are correct unless they changed it and nobody said anything
Who is this guy??
NeoDemus

Post by NeoDemus »

so the bug's fixed then? first for a lvl 8 to become a 9 you had to put in like 90 mil :?
smeghead

Post by smeghead »

My understanding is that the $90mill upgrade was the INTENDED behaviour - the $10mill upgrade was the bug.

This is why I asked the question. If they fixed it so that the cost is level * 10mill then it will be beyond most people's ability to upgrade a high level port, and I would just be wasting my time and cash.
NeoDemus

Post by NeoDemus »

then i prefer your bug or feature as they like to call it...
z-money
Quiet One

Post by z-money »

it'd be nice if an admin would answer...
Blum
Chat Troll

Post by Blum »

z-money wrote:it'd be nice if an admin would answer...
I don't have a clue. Happy?
smeghead

Post by smeghead »

It would be nice if an admin who did have a clue would reply. :twisted:

There is absolutely no mention at all of upgrading ports in the manual. If I hadn't been poking around on the forums I wouldn't even know that you could upgrade ports.
Thauglor
Quiet One

Post by Thauglor »

Because almost noone makes use of it, only some of the bigger alliances trying to build their own routes, everyone else trades the ones that are already there.
The almighty Thauglor
Lords of Melnibone

HoA, DS, UT, TC, TE, TSM, DD, DEATH, SP, DC, Virus, MH
smeghead

Post by smeghead »

if port upgrading was mentioned in the manual, then probably more people would know about it and make use of it.

If it does only cost $10mill (can anyone who DOES know the answer please confirm this) then it is within the realms of only one person, and defintely within the realms of small alliances - not just the big ones.

I for one have a couple of routes that could be improved by a minor upgrade, and would be willing to do so if someone would just let me know whether it will only cost 10mill or not. Surely this isn't a secret?