Multiple Accounts

This is a place for Newbies to get help on anything they're not sure about. Don't be afraid to ask!
Puppet

Multiple Accounts

Post by Puppet »

What is the big deal with having several accounts? As a new player to this peculiar and free online game, I still don’t know what I am doing for the most part, and I do have several accounts.

By multiple accounts do you mean not being able to play 2 or more accounts simultaneously or is each player only allowed to have 1 account/race? I am 28 years old and, if the former is the case then would appreciate prompt action on your behalf. If I am to be banned later on down the road, in a few days or weeks than I would prefer that it be right now to prevent me from wasting my time reading the information, manuals, player posts, and gaming.

If each player is to have only 1 account, is it possible to make another race with the same account? I have not seen any information on this anywhere on the bulletin board or manual pages. What about when your turns are used up and you want to play the game but can’t because you ran out of turns? Is this an attempt by the owner of the game to save on bandwidth use?

The way I see it, the goal of the game is to get high enough level for the player vs. player aspect, and that will take weeks of gaming. The next best thing, the combat simulator found on the bulletin board, does a decent job at the player vs. player aspect, minus the pressure.

If I have violated any rules, then I will be content to play with the combat simulator for a few days.

If this game has issues with multiple accounts as I outlined above, then it needs to update its manual pages. I also feel that if this is the case then it is a bad policy, and should be changed if this game is to grow. My observations of online members from Friday to Sunday of this weekend, places online players from 7 to 31.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

You are only allowed 1 account, I'm pretty sure it's clearly in the signup form, then again I may be wrong, been a long time since I've signed up.
I'm sure if you don't use the other accounts and message an admin about it they will let you off, then again they might not so don't take my word for it..
Kuwl
Beta Tester

Post by Kuwl »

You bring up a good point that the Committee to improve SMR needs to look at---The rules of SMR.

You may only have 1 account per user (like yourself, you are 1 user). Any more than 1 account is considered having Multiple accounts. The only reason SMR doesn't allow multiple accounts is that you could have 5 or 6 accounts be "slave" accounts to your 1 account. You could kill them at will (stacking your statistics up a lot) or trade tons of money into your primary account.

In other words, 1 account is all you can have. I am not sure where the rules are at, but being in the Committee, I'll work something out with the other members to make this more readily available to see. I am pretty sure it explains it on the "Create an Account" screen. But, i take it you missed this link: http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?t=382

That was found on the "Create a login here" page.
Puppet

Post by Puppet »

Kuwl wrote:I am not sure where the rules are at, but being in the Committee, I'll work something out with the other members to make this more readily available to see.
Please post here if and when the game becomes more newbie friendly. By that I mean, allowing for experimentation of different races, and exploration of other galaxies.

Also, what's wrong with trading alot? It's not real money, it's not like you can go out and buy bread, or pork with it.
Kuwl
Beta Tester

Post by Kuwl »

it defeats the whole purpose of the game if you can have 5-10 accounts making "money" for you. Other traders can make a possible 2-5 million credits per day, per 2 days, depending on the route you are on. If you have 10 accounts making 2 million per day, that's 20 million credits per day. In 3 days time, you can buy your main account a 40 million dollar ship.

As for the newbie friendly, we are working on putting something together.

As for exploring races? That is why there are cycles of "Ages" or rounds as we call them. Every round, most people search a new stage of SMR; a new race.

Exploring galaxies is a huge part in this game, especially as a newbie who doesn't know very much about the game. Most big alliances that you see (those you see under rankings being #1-10) have every sector of the galaxy explored. As a newbie exploring the galaxy, it is very unlikely you can do so (because of minefields, ect.) One way to get involved in the game is to join alliances. There are many alliances around that are willing to help you learn the game.
Nariis

Post by Nariis »

Users are only allowed one account. Please email support@smrealms.de and let us know which accounts to disable otherwise all accounts will be disabled. ;)
Shadow
Quiet One

Post by Shadow »

If you feel like experimenting with multiple accounts you can always play in beta where they are aloud at http://beta.smrealms.com and when you feel you have learned enough there you can always join the main game with one account.
Shadow
Puppet

Post by Puppet »

Disable them all
Kuwl
Beta Tester

Post by Kuwl »

puppet, that's not a way to think about the game. People make mistakes. They'll just disable (delete) the other accounts you have. It's not a big deal
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

The idea is that you use your one account, same as everyone else so we're all on the same footing, and work together with others to raise the cash in the game for ships, planets, and all the rest. This is a team-oriented game, Puppet. Playing solo is ok too, but the number of things you can do is more limited when you are working alone.

If you want to experiment with different races, then using beta.smrealms.de is a good idea (you can have multiple accounts there no problem). But in the "main" game, to keep things even and fair for all, one account is perfect.
that which pods you makes you stronger