Multiple Accounts

This is a place for Newbies to get help on anything they're not sure about. Don't be afraid to ask!
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

MrSpock or Azool don't you guys check the email address with the data base to see if there is a match? I can see from this guys that he just opened more then one account "not knowing that you cann't". So anyway when someone opens a new account they put in their email address you then check it through the database and if you get a match do a "If Then" statement leting them know that they can only have one account per person. That way they will know even if they don't read the help page, and if they change their email address to get by that then you will know that they were trying to cheat.
Kuwl
Beta Tester

Post by Kuwl »

I'm pretty sure they do, because they send a confirmation code
OmegaRenegade
Admin Emeritus

Post by OmegaRenegade »

dont you need a differnt email for each account?
My ties are severed clean, the less I have the more I gain, off the beaten path I reign, rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

OmegaRenegade wrote:dont you need a differnt email for each account?

If not it should be a unique address. If they have that database field set as No Duplicated it would return an error, if there is another email address in that field thats the same. Or they could query the database to see if there is a match. Its really hard to stop someone from making another account, even if you log the IP address with the email. I have found that most internet providers move users between IP's. AOL is one of the worst at this, and with email accounts being free like Yahoo mail and Hot mail. Someone could have five, ten or more email accounts. They say a lock on a door is to keep honest people honest. You cann't keep a thief out. So by making simple checks you can keep the honest players honest by leting them know that mult-accounts is not allowed. I can see a newbie opening an account today and then tomorrow forgeting his password so not knowing he opens another one.