Newbie leaders abusing their position

This is a place for Newbies to get help on anything they're not sure about. Don't be afraid to ask!
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

i always thought the best way to lead was by example...if he gets 30k exp and tell them how to do it then it will just reinforce the fact that they have to work hard to get exp and cash.
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

That is all very beautiful and sweet and idealistic, but if you allow the newbie leaders to play, then you open up the possibility of abuse. When the newbie leaders were created, it was made explicitly clear that we were not to play for precisely that reason.

How on earth does seeing the leader gain xp and explain it differ in the slightest from him just explaining it?!

Allowing the leader to hunt or op opens up a whole big can of worms of how he decides who to hunt or which ports/planets to op against. Repeat after me: ABUSE!!.

In any case, by the time a newbie is ready to start op'ing or doing serious hunting, they will presumably have moved on to a "real" alliance in any case. The newbie alliances are just to get them started with the basics.

However, maybe the rules have changed - think I'll trade me some xp & cash safely in my newbie galaxy, go buy an FU, and teach some newbies how to hunt Crusaders.......oops, I meant other traders.
Thennian
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Thennian »

LOL i think this is alittle paranoid. i agree that they shoudlnt be able to hunt or transfer money to other accounts, but why not let them show traders the benefits of trading.
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

Aren't the players who get to be a newbie alliance leader screened, and generally trustworthy not to abuse stuff in the game?
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
Shady_FA-
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Shady_FA- »

and I dont see how flaming a newbie leader deserves to be in this section.
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by MrSpock »

i said we keep a close look on the leader accounts. not sure tho if they were a good idea.
so far nothing wrong has been done (if you don't consider trading as wrong)
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
Your trader will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the creator of SMR.
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

I'm the WQ newb leader. I'll do it the way I want to and as long as I'm not killing newbs and diverting cash to my main account (which the admins can easily monitor) it's none of your business how I train newbs.

Edited: took out all the swear words :P
that which pods you makes you stronger
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

There are only 2 ways that the newbie leaders could abuse their account (1) Mass hunting (2) Transferring to anon accounts. For #1 even the regular players can monitor this, for #2 it's very simple for us to monitor. Like someone said ( Thennian was it ? I dunno ) The best way to lead is by example, and I believe that the leader should be allowed to fund his alliance. If, like you say Ard, a newbie leader starts ''killing Crusaders'', we would step in, but I doubt any of them would be so bold.
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

Ok, the admins have cleared up the rules - for the record though, this is a complete turnaround from the rules Estoy laid down when the newbie leaders were first set up - something that it would have been nice to be told.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Harry Krishna wrote:diverting cash to my main account (which the admins can easily monitor)
But are they set up to monitor it and do they monitor it? I know that you play by the rules and do thing fair. But I'm not so sure if everyone is as honest. This is what Ardbeg is getting at I think, not everyone plays fair and when they find away around the rules they use it. How many time has a loop hole been known for two or three games before someone honest finds it, then its reported.