Levels for ships

This is a place for Newbies to get help on anything they're not sure about. Don't be afraid to ask!
cygre

Levels for ships

Post by cygre »

What levels do you need to be to buy the best ships? For example two of my alliance have saved up for a federal ultimatum and a human destroyer. When they tried to buy them they were told that they needed to be higher level. Is there a rule as to when you can buy these ships, as we have been able to buy a mothership ok (although our race is Ikthorne)?

Thanks in advance

Cygre
Volrath
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Volrath »

you have to be fledgling.
newbie and begginner players can't buy top racial ships.
Former Member of: CoS, NE, Armada, FI, DoW, The Legacy of the Phoenix, E.P.I.C., Adult Swim, Sillicon Valley, POD, Sesame Street, Beyond Divinity

Currently in Veil of Avalon
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Grey »

Just to clarify: That's User Ranking and not level. You can see your user ranking and the requirements for those under "Trader" by clicking "User Ranking". Once you reach fledgling you can buy any ship at any level you want as long as you have money, race and alignment requirements met.

Ships that you need to be fledgling or above to buy are:
Trade Master
Devastator
Destroyer
Mother Ship
Eater of Souls
Assault Craft
Dark Mirage
Fury
Federal <insert suffix>
Thief
Assassin
Death Cruiser

Contrary to popular belief you don't have to be fledgling to buy Planetary Super Freighter.

The levels shown in the ship list in the manual are not used for anything and should be removed.
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

If you read what is in () in the ship list, it dealt with level in Semi-Wars. It dealt with the fact that when you reached a certain level in experience, you were now able to get that ship for free. This was removed from Semi-Wars games because it was percieved to be to imbalanced for that style of game play.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
drake
Quiet One

Re: Levels for ships

Post by drake »

cygre wrote:..Is there a rule as to when you can buy these ships, as we have been able to buy a mothership ok (although our race is Ikthorne)?

Thanks in advance

Cygre
"although *our* race is ikky" hmmm am i the only one reading this wrong? or did he say all of them are ikky and tried to buy a dessy? If that's the case, which is not uncommon amongst new players, you can only buy ships from your race and non-racials, you can not buy a ship from another race. If that's not the case the refer to previous posts about your user rating :)
Last edited by drake on Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
cygre

Post by cygre »

Thanks for that. I must admit to being ignorant on both fronts. I neither new you had to be a fledgling or that you cannot buy other races ships, so that now makes far more sense :)

Cheers

Cygre
cygre

Post by cygre »

Wouldn't you know it. I became a fledgling this morning so can go buy what I like. Cheers for the help anyway though.
cygre

Post by cygre »

Ok, I'm not sure if this is usual. I bought a federal warrant and I can no longer see my alliance members. I cannot see our forces and when we tried to raid a port together we had to do it individually. Is this as a result of the FW, or is there some sort of bug going on?

Thanks

Cygre
Volrath
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Volrath »

it has nothing to do whit your ship. newbies cant see vets and vice versa in racial galaxies... this is a mechanism to protect newbie players as they start the game...
since you are now fledgling, this rule aplies and you can't see your members and their forces if they are newbies or begginners.
remember, this only happens in racial galaxies. if you go to non-racial galaixies, everybody sees everybody.
Former Member of: CoS, NE, Armada, FI, DoW, The Legacy of the Phoenix, E.P.I.C., Adult Swim, Sillicon Valley, POD, Sesame Street, Beyond Divinity

Currently in Veil of Avalon
cygre

Post by cygre »

Thank you, that makes much more sense.