Killing somebody from the same race

This is a place for Newbies to get help on anything they're not sure about. Don't be afraid to ask!
scarab
Quiet One

Killing somebody from the same race

Post by scarab »

Does it have any influence on some major factors?
What about government bounties?
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

If you kill someone from a race you're at peace with you lose 20 alignment, I don't think you lose race relations unless you shoot at a racial port. Your Government Bounty also increases, UG bounty I think raises when you kill an enemy race, also affected by the other persons align I think, I'm not 100% on all bounty stuff..
If you kill someone from a race you are at war with you gain 20 alignment, and can claim military payment (normally a very small sum)
scarab
Quiet One

Post by scarab »

i haven't seen, that the guy who attacked me, got any Government bounty (I haven't seen him on the Bounty list)...
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

Page wrote:If you kill someone from a race you're at peace with you lose 20 alignment, I don't think you lose race relations unless you shoot at a racial port. Your Government Bounty also increases, UG bounty I think raises when you kill an enemy race, also affected by the other persons align I think, I'm not 100% on all bounty stuff..
If you kill someone from a race you are at war with you gain 20 alignment, and can claim military payment (normally a very small sum)
Unless I am mistaken, alignment loss/gain is based on their alignment.

In beta if you max out your alignment through Azool's crib, and I kill someone else with maxed alignment, I've seen my alignment instantly go from maxed to several million in the negative.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

well there is also a Underground bounty, if you click their name then view bounty you can see any bounties they may have, I'm not sure if you recieve a bounty just for attacking, but you definitely get one for killing
scarab
Quiet One

Post by scarab »

he killed me, but he has no bounty....
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

what's the name of the player that killed you?
scarab
Quiet One

Post by scarab »

Magua
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

weird.. maybe it's a bug, dunno
scarab
Quiet One

Post by scarab »

Page wrote:weird.. maybe it's a bug, dunno
it should be a punishment for the 'national' killer ;)
shall we report a bug?