Please!!!!!! help with smc.

This is a place for Newbies to get help on anything they're not sure about. Don't be afraid to ask!
Last True Knight

Please!!!!!! help with smc.

Post by Last True Knight »

I can't get a map loaded into it. This is my first time playing and I need all the help I can get. I can access the wepons and ship lists but my universe are blank and I can't use it to explore or get trade routs or anything like that. I have explored most of the human quadrant but the smc is stillblank HEELLLP!! PLEEAAASSSEEE! : :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Hyphven

Post by Hyphven »

Stop blubbering, Read the thread called SMC.
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

you have to load the information into SMC, doubleclick on each sector and set up the port/locations/warps/etc to what they are in the game. This is a lot of work, but has to be done - that is why the major alliances are pretty protective of their SMC maps (and don't like game developers posting their locations! lol)
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

Hyphven wrote:Stop blubbering, Read the thread called SMC.
stop being obnoxious to someone asking a legitimate question and go back to dieing ingame........
Last True Knight

Thanks but I am having one problem

My real problem is that I can't get the sector numbers right I keep getting them from 1 on and cant change them. Sorry about the stupid questions but I am Honestly computer illeterate. How can i change the sector numbers thanks
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by MrSpock »

doubleclick the black sector in smr. u can go to the number by entering the secto in the input box below the menu
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
Your trader will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the creator of SMR.

O.K. SO! I'm stupid one last question then I give up

Post by Guest »

One last question. Now the numbers don't line up right what am i doing wrong. Please help I am not doing so well and could use some help.
Last True Knight

that last post was mine forgot to put my name

sorry
Wonks
Quiet One

Post by Wonks »

Check out my help site at http://dccmn.com/sm/tools/SMChelp/SMChelp.html

It has info on how to install SMC and SMC maps and also how to use SMC. You do have to have some limited computer knowledge however as it does not walk you through every little step involved.