Scout Drones and CAs

This is a place for Newbies to get help on anything they're not sure about. Don't be afraid to ask!
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

Newbies should join the Newbie Help Center, information like this is just one of the benefits. Message Alskant Leader for details.
scarab
Quiet One

Post by scarab »

thanks Cuda
i will vote for you ;)
scarab
Quiet One

Post by scarab »

Ardbeg wrote:Newbies should join the Newbie Help Center, information like this is just one of the benefits. Message Alskant Leader for details.
Ardbeg,
you are moderator of the "Newbie Help", which "... is a place for Newbies to get help on anything they're not sure about. Don't be afraid to ask!".
I'm sorry for asking :oops:
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

I wasn't trying to be difficult, I'm just not a big fan of posting locations all over the WB for currently active games. Granted, it doesn't really matter much anymore since scouting is a lost art, but old habits die hard. If you don't want to use the ingame help resources available to you, that is your choice.......
Vober
Beta Tester

Post by Vober »

scarab wrote:what about the current game?
where are CA shops?
although Im pretty much retired from this game, I am always willing to help newbies out with whatever you need. If you have any questions feel free to PM me or AIM me(Vober).

I will try to be as helpful as possible in any and all forms that you want.
scarab
Quiet One

Post by scarab »

another question: when i leave mines in a sector; i will stay in this sector; someone enters this sector - what will happen?
mines fires on me also?
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

When they enter the sector a random percentage of the mines (between 3-57% I think) will hit them and then they will automatically do a return shot, killing some more if they have weapons. Then they can either shoot at you, weakened, or run, if they go back to the sector they come from they get out safely, if they try to go out a different sector they hit more mines, if there are any remaining..
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

you cannot take damage from friendly mines (belonging to your alliance)
scarab
Quiet One

Post by scarab »

thanks,
when the 'enemy' is hited by mines, he automatically shoots.
his shoots are against mines or also me myself?
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

return fire is directed at the forces, but will only affect the specific stack that attacked.

Alternatively, return fire is always directed at whatever did the attacking, whether it be ships or a force stack.