Effect of kills on alignment.

This is a place for Newbies to get help on anything they're not sure about. Don't be afraid to ask!
TraderStephen

Effect of kills on alignment.

Post by TraderStephen »

I'm confused :( If I am of good alignment and kill someone of lesser alignment (neutral or evil) I get an increase in alignment, right? But if they are the same race, I get a decrease? So what would happen to my alignment if it is now 150 and I kill a neutral who is the same race? Would it go up or down? Thanks!!
Sufex
Quiet One

Post by Sufex »

Your alignment is not effected by other persons alignment. What matters is the players race, and the relations between your race and the person you killed race. The only thing that gets affected by alignment is the bounty that gets placed on you.

NP -=Shadow=- SF LB Crusaders Armory Armory V2 GS
TraderStephen

Post by TraderStephen »

I don't think I get it. If I am supposed to be a federal deputy, and I kill an evil person with a federal bounty on his head for attacking federal ports, my alignment gets degraded just because he is the same race as me? That is like a police officer going to jail because he takes down one of the FBI's ten most wanted because the perp also happens to be an American citizen. Is that actually how the game works? Why? It doesn't make sense... nationality shouldn't trump good and evil. Thanks for the info, but I feel even more confused now...
Shtoopid
Quiet One

Post by Shtoopid »

Heh, well, this game has its own peculiar brand of logic. I am in full agreement with you there, but at the moment, it just doesn't work that way. I guess the best way to describe it is to ditch the job title and the fact that it says federal which seems bigger then the race and just look at it as your a racial hero in a war. If you spend your time killing your own, people wont like you, same goes to killing your allies, even if they are bad, they still on your side. So stick to killing those on the other side of the conflict if you want to be good. Honestly just so long as you make sure you dont have too many weapons to get fed protection, kills are kills shoot everybody and dont worry about your alignment.
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

Welcome to our racist game.
that which pods you makes you stronger
TraderStephen

Post by TraderStephen »

Thanks all. Now, I get it.
Mar
Quiet One

Post by Mar »

The algniment of you and the person you kill effects the bounty on your head though. If you got high algn and kill someone with low you get a larger bounty. If you are neutral and kills a neutral person your bounty doesn't change at all.
=)

It takes one to be one!
DarthNihilus
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by DarthNihilus »

Wow I just learned something.
...... cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
adam_phg
Quiet One

Post by adam_phg »

as did i :-p
For the glory of Ayock!