Beacon of Ultimate Protection...

This is a place for Newbies to get help on anything they're not sure about. Don't be afraid to ask!
Loren

Beacon of Ultimate Protection...

Post by Loren »

... doesn't give me protection...

Anyone?
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

do you have illegal goods on board? Is your attack rating too high?
Read the rules, follow the rules, and stop complaining!
canff
Beta Tester

Post by canff »

sell your weapon
Loren

Post by Loren »

Ah, thanks <3 <3

I got attacked and lost my fortune anyway.. so call me when the perpetual universe is introduced so I will find a purpose for this game..

I love the game always have.. just hate the fact it's in rounds.. defeats the object to playing for me
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

Loren wrote:Ah, thanks <3 <3

I got attacked and lost my fortune anyway.. so call me when the perpetual universe is introduced so I will find a purpose for this game..

I love the game always have.. just hate the fact it's in rounds.. defeats the object to playing for me
games (in the current format) would go stale if they were not reset. As for your fortune, use a bank next time.
Loren

Post by Loren »

I was on the way but ran out of turns.

Things only go stale when people stop being imaginative.. Eve is the dullest waste of space on the internet.. but my friend and his Alliance think it's the greatest MMORPG just because they are always things up things to attack and do.
Ardbeg
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Ardbeg »

Loren wrote:I was on the way but ran out of turns.

Things only go stale when people stop being imaginative.. Eve is the dullest waste of space on the internet.. but my friend and his Alliance think it's the greatest MMORPG just because they are always things up things to attack and do.
It's more complicated than that - in SMR, games go stale when one group of players achieves dominance. What happens is that a particular alliance builds a stronghold of maximum level planets secure in an extensive minefield, giving them a base from which they prevent anyone else from doing the same. Once this dominance has been established, it is practically impossible to break - in effect, it is a victory in that game. The main source of enjoyable alliance conflicts in SMR is the process of fighting to establish and conquer such territory, and once these wars have been decided the game goes stale.
Loren

Post by Loren »

Not that much of a problem if another large Alliance can mount an major offensive.. like I say, if those fighting such a strong hold had the imagination it wouldn't be too difficult..
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

Loren wrote:Not that much of a problem if another large Alliance can mount an major offensive.. like I say, if those fighting such a strong hold had the imagination it wouldn't be too difficult..
Unfortunately it comes down to a matter of turns (which is something that will be address in 1.5). The attackers simply don't have enough turns to take down one of these fortresses.
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
Loren

Post by Loren »

Maybe more specific Assault ships?! Is there a ship database about?!

Or maybe you can set up phases and area damage?

i.e.
Attack Phase - 2x Turns , Takes damage to the front (higher armor)
Defence Phase - 1x Turns , Takes damage to one side (normal armor) and lesser damage to the read (lower armor)
*After the loss of shields)

Unless of course your shunting a mine field with something built for mine sweeping where you take damage to shields then front and sides.

OR

Use the Nazi blitzkrieg tactics:
or
*I know they are poor representations and need alot of forces online but it's do able*