Where to start

For discussing and reviewing the development of a in game tutorial
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Re: Where to start

Post by Jester- »

I think these should be easy to make up. I'm going to adapt one of HKs.

Solo player missions (Newbie):
1. transport goods from port A to port B, get 100,000 credits and 1k exp.
- Required: Any Racial non-hunting ship.
- player accepts the mission and receives ingame message with info on what sector to pickup passengers and where to take them
- player goes to port sector and grabs required goods
- Player is taught to plot course or local map to next port
- player drops off goods at destination port. Player receives ingame message with info on their rewards to be picked up at HQ (or instantaneously).

Page - is that about what you're looking for?
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Jester- wrote: - player drops off goods at destination port. Player receives ingame message with info on their rewards to be picked up at HQ (or instantaneously).
On completion IMO.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

That's fine with me too. What i'm trying to get is a fire under Page's but to get this going. :) Tell us what you need more specifically Page and I will give you 20 of these.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Page wrote:So essentially what we need are a bunch of missions written up for me to add to the game that look something like this:
  • Mission Name: Tutorial1
  • Mission Start Text: Welcome to Space Merchant Realms, click accept to begin the tutorial! (There are rewards! ;) )
  • Mission Start Criteria: UserRank = 1
  • Mission Accept Text: You have started the tutorial, your first task is to buy some cargo holds, first click the [PlayerRaceHardwareShop] and then buy at least 5 cargo holds, click Current Sector on the left to get back to this page at any time.
  • Task 1 Text: Your first task is to buy some cargo holds, first click the [PlayerRaceHardwareShop] and then buy at least 5 cargo holds, click Current Sector on the left to get back to this page at any time.
  • Task 1 Criteria: Buy [>5] [CargoHolds]
  • Task 1 Complete Text: Well done, you have bought some cargo holds, click complete to collect your reward!
  • Mission Reward: X Credits, Y Turns
  • Mission Complete Text: You have been granted [Reward Credits] credits and [Reward Turns] turns for completing this mission.
It just needs to have the actual numbers and be step by step. For instance yours needs to be separated out and be more defined, I know it's work to put it into this sort of format but it will need to be done by someone and if I have to do it it'll take forever to happen since there's also a lot of code underneath that needs to be done too to support this as well
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

made a tutorial for exploring. i think this should be the first one.
Mission Name: Exploring
Mission Start Text: Exploring: Becoming Christopher Columbus
Mission Start Criteria: UserRank = 1
Mission Accept Text: You have started the tutorial, your first task is to navigate the galaxy. In doing so you will be able to explore new ports, locations and planets. To do so you can use [local map] and plot corse, as well as the arrow keys.
Task 1 Text: Use the navigation to explore the whole galaxy
Task 1 Criteria: [explore all of the players [race] galaxy]
Task 1 Complete Text: Well done, you have now fully scouted your galaxy. Now you will be able to more easily navigate the universe, and using galaxy map you can plan future routes to trade. Click complete to collect your reward!
Mission Reward: X Credits, Y Turns
Mission Complete Text: You have been granted [Reward Credits] credits and [Reward Turns] turns for completing this mission.
ImageImage
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

N.ator wrote:made a tutorial for exploring. i think this should be the first one.
Looks good, how ever, I think we would want to familiarize new players with the interface first, what does what, what is where etc.