RFC - Graphical Refresh

Committee discussions relating to the development and advertising of SMR. Committee is comprised of both players and Admins.

Moderator: Holti

Astax
SMR Coder

Re: RFC - Graphical Refresh

Post by Astax »

RCK wrote:
I'd like some new shop icons personally...

players/planets/shops etc.
I did my best, now I'm catching flak for it :/ I think i figured out why nothing gets done around here
Holti
Quiet One

Post by Holti »

I did my best, now I'm catching flak for it :/ I think i figured out why nothing gets done around here
Astax, don't worry about it. What you are seeing is very common in all games. People think they want change, but when change happens, they don't like it. Part of it is psychological - people have their own vision, and when it doesn't match, they hate it. Movies adapted from a beloved book have a similar problem.

I like some of the new icons, and the color coding of ports really help me be a better trader. So I'm not one of your critics ;)
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

Astax wrote:
RCK wrote:

I agree with Holti. It happens, ignore it and keep plugging away please. We desparately need to continue to upgrade the look and feel of this game in order to keep and increase the player base.
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Astax wrote:
RCK wrote:

You are doing fine, don't worry about a few complainers, notice I said few. What that means is that most others are perfectly fine with what you have done. I know personally I like all the changes.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

I think it's all definitely a step in the right direction
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by MrSpock »

did i miss something? was there a todo here?
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
Your trader will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the creator of SMR.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

MrSpock wrote:did i miss something? was there a todo here?

A few people in another thread in the general discussion were complaining about the update of some in game graphics.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by MrSpock »

ah well. that will go away. If we would bring up all the graphics that the real 1999 space merchant had, people would cry even louder. Those were small and ugly compaired to what we have now. So unless we get someone to fully style our page we have to stick with what we can do. i like it!
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
Your trader will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the creator of SMR.