Google Adwords

Committee discussions relating to the development and advertising of SMR. Committee is comprised of both players and Admins.

Moderator: Holti

RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Google Adwords

Post by RCK »

Page wrote:So far none of the ideas brought up cannot work in IE6 and if they couldn't what is so bad about fallbacks? I just want the game to remain playable in IE6, is that really too much to ask?
Yes. Its unsupported by Microsoft why are we supporting it? The company that MAKES it doesnt support it. That should be enough to stop supporting it ourselves.

Design templates etc to work in latest versions if they dont work, we'll have a disclaimer on the main page stating all testing is performed in the latest version of browsers and may not work in older versions. End of debate.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Ok lets do this, lets do the new layout for up to date browsers and also run a fallback for those crazy people that seems to be in Love with their old browsers. I am all for trying to support older browsers as long as it doesn't take away anything from the up to date browsers.

I have speed-ed up the opening and closing of the left panel. I will start working on the background images on Monday. btw where should I be posting about the updates to the new layout. I don't think I should be posting in this forum. :)

Edit: I think maybe the Game Concepts forum?
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by MrSpock »

I'm totally fine when user who still using IE 6 will be forwarded to http://www.browserchoice.eu or a simular site.
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
Your trader will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the creator of SMR.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Freon22 wrote:Ok lets do this, lets do the new layout for up to date browsers and also run a fallback for those crazy people that seems to be in Love with their old browsers. I am all for trying to support older browsers as long as it doesn't take away anything from the up to date browsers.

I have speed-ed up the opening and closing of the left panel. I will start working on the background images on Monday. btw where should I be posting about the updates to the new layout. I don't think I should be posting in this forum. :)

Edit: I think maybe the Game Concepts forum?
Yah there is as good as any. I can create a new forum called "Designs and Layouts" if you think its warranted.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

MrSpock wrote:I'm totally fine when user who still using IE 6 will be forwarded to http://www.browserchoice.eu or a simular site.
I like it :)
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

So where are we with this MrSpock and N.ator? Any movement forward?
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by MrSpock »

i tried it once. I got a 150$ gift from google so i used it on adwords. The money was gone within days, You couldn't even possible earn the money that fast. Would never put my own hard earned money in adwords. Only burning goes faster.
Your trader will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the creator of SMR.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Really.... I had it for awhile and didnt burn threw them that quickly... Maybe its dependant on your settings...
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by MrSpock »

maybe. i think a game banner somewhere is more usefull.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

Well at least we have a reply. A banner where MrSpock? Lets get this moving :P