Homepage/Main Page

Committee discussions relating to the development and advertising of SMR. Committee is comprised of both players and Admins.

Moderator: Holti

RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Homepage/Main Page

Post by RCK »

With the successful completion of new racial images we're now moving forward to the main pre-advertisement phase.

This is the main page.

So please post your ideas, inside/outside of the box so we can hash this out as quickly as possible. I want to submit ideas to our designer by WEDNESDAY this week.

Thanks
-RCK
ACD

Re: Homepage/Main Page

Post by ACD »

Maybe have the kind of race images scroll down/along the page somewhere...
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

Maybe a rotating compilation of images incorporating the new race art?

For example, first screen shows a Salvene haggling with a Skant merchant. Next picture would be a one on one battle between a Creo in a Dev and an Ikky in an MS, with the Dev having 8 guns and the MS launching CD's. The next picture would be a fleet of 10 ships closing in on a planet which is firing its 10 turrets. Then flash back to the first picture, only this time there's the same fleet of 10 ships and its bearing down on the port. Maybe throw in a picture of a fake council meeting. Follow it up with a picture of an "underground" transaction, with the next picture showing a fed bust.

This would incorporate most of the elements of the game and would give potential new players a mental image of the cool things that can happen in the realm of space merchant.
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

The main/login page needs to be way more clean than it is now. It should basically be as minimalistic as possible. Having race images, etc there will get dated fast and look too cluttered. Ideally (I'm not sure this is possible) but if it's someones first time visting smrealms.de they should see a different login page than someone who is returning. For the returning/regular player the login screen should be pure function and for a first time visit there should be some links ''What is SMR?'' ''History'' and links to tutorials etc. Still it should be very uncluttered. I really like the TDZK Fleets login page http://playfleets.com/
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

True it is simplistic...

lil fancier would be http://www.astroempires.com/
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

i agree i think we need to come up with a new login screen.. we need something that incorporates planets, sectors, and space.. i like fleets with the honeycomb style of sectors..

if i created a nice background image in photoshop would someone be able to implement it? or whats the best way to go upon changing the home screen?
ImageImage