Donator Benefits

Have a feature you want to see added to SMR? Create a topic here, once approved it can be discussed and then moved to vote. You can also submit new features via the "Request a Feature" link ingame.

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Donator Benefits

Post by XDemonX »

Alright so I heard rumor of this "re-launch" that is supposed to be coming ~January. I enjoy SMR I believe its a good game even with all its competition out there with better graphics SMR still keep my entertainment. What would of course make SMR better would be a larger playerbase (obviously). To do that you need higher revenue to be able to use on advertisements, game improvements, ect.
Current donation rate is: $1.56 per week (within last 3 months).

That number is extremely small.

So i'm going to propose a couple ideas. These ideas are what would most likely promote me to donate to the game. I rarely donate to ANY games but this will most likely sway me and other people to donate some money even if its small. (I think the ratio is 1 dollar = 10 credits)

First idea is "Turn Refill". Every 24h you're able to refill 12h worth of turns with the cost of 10 credits (can be increased ect.) Now.. who would use this? I believe this will appeal to many different target markets. For example if I am stuck in open and need more turns to get safely to fed then boom refill. If I am opping running low on turns me and a few other people can refill to possibly extend that op. There is many times I am literally bored all day with nothing to do except hunt.. A lot of times 12h worth of turns would do me wonders. And of course you will get those traders that like to be top experience that might even use the refill option daily. Extremely simple idea that won't force people to donate but will give a slight advantage to the people who want to donate.

Second idea is "Speed Boost". Increase the speed of your ship(s) this game by 10% for 50 credits. Very slight turn bonus but this will appeal to many players in the game.

Both ideas are simple ideas just to produce revenue to help this game grow. I personally want this game to grow. Giving me these benefits in the game will give me enough justification to donate money to SMR.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Donator Benefits

Post by Freon22 »

Cool ideas XDemonX, both those idea are good. I agree with you the SMR would be much better if they had some money to spend. So many ideas don't go anywhere because they cost. I little income would help some of these idea to see the light of day. :-)
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

We've been working on ideas to increase spending on the game from a credit standpoint, and I like both of these ideas, except I suspect you'll get pushback due to the changes to the competitive landscape as a result. Both of those features are significantly beneficial to gameplay and would give the purchaser(s) a meaningful in-game advantage. If that's a route we want to explore, I'm all for it, but that's a hard change to undo once rolled out, and sets this game on a different long-term course (money helps you win whereas that is not currently the case.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

honestly if someone wants to pay money for an advantage they should. im all for it!

just put a cap like can only buy x amount of turns worth a 48 hour period etc.
ImageImage
Holti
Quiet One

Post by Holti »

I'd consider the idea if a cap was put on it. Otherwise we'd have people spending $50 to gain a very early advantage.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

I like the way you think. These idea's can work. 12 hours every 24 is a bit extreme though.

You could also just make a "premium" membership per round. Premium gets you a host of benefits etc for $12 or something. I have no issue with this as long as the money is being used to generate back on itself with advertising and improving the game. If you can't prove that I want no part in it.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Careful dont start throwing around big $, Page might get it in his head we should pay him ;)
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

I don't think this game is ready for a subscription model yet, but if we're willing to pay for premium benefits, let's start making a list of cosmetic and premium pay features in a separate thread. Some of these suggestions get talked about and then forgotten.