making planets/planet building more attractive

Have a feature you want to see added to SMR? Create a topic here, once approved it can be discussed and then moved to vote. You can also submit new features via the "Request a Feature" link ingame.

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Holti
Quiet One

making planets/planet building more attractive

Post by Holti »

ACD came up with this idea in response to my question on how to make planet building/defending more attractive:

A different planet has a different benefit to an alliance when claimed by that alliance:

Bonder: extra cash while trading.
Outpost: extra firepower
Factory: extra trade benefits

While the planets are unclaimed, no benefits to any alliance.
When the planets are busted and claimed by another alliance, the conquering alliance gains the benefits.

I like the strategy aspect of this, and other ideas for planet benefits could be suggested, too.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: making planets/planet building more attractive

Post by jouldax »

I think we had a pretty solid planet thread going on potential buildings and planet types, but I can't seem to locate it atm. ACD's ideas are right in line with what has been discussed, although I do like his idea of passive benefits. Planet building times were also mentioned in that thread I can't locate, but they should definitely not be flat, but rather increase over time to current levels, so young planets get built faster.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: making planets/planet building more attractive

Post by RCK »

There are 3 or 4 threads, check forum under "Needs Dicussion --> Planets".