List of New Cosmetic and Premium Features for SMR

Have a feature you want to see added to SMR? Create a topic here, once approved it can be discussed and then moved to vote. You can also submit new features via the "Request a Feature" link ingame.

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Astax
SMR Coder

Re: List of New Cosmetic and Premium Features for SMR

Post by Astax »

Was already gonna code that in, but not as harsh lol. Full reset seems messed up. Anyway I'm not coding anything till we finish merging last patch in. I can't work with so many code branches it's madness!!!
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

jouldax wrote:
Incognito wrote:I think it would be nice to have a "change race" option, similar to changing a player name. However, I think the following conditions should be used:

1. Useable only once per game. Cost TBD.
2. Resets Exp to 0.
3. Resets all racial relations
I agree with all of the above. Certainly cost will be a major consideration.[/q]

Change race would definitely have to be a full reset.
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

Grey Death wrote:
jouldax wrote:
Incognito wrote:I think it would be nice to have a "change race" option, similar to changing a player name. However, I think the following conditions should be used:

1. Useable only once per game. Cost TBD.
2. Resets Exp to 0.
3. Resets all racial relations
I agree with all of the above. Certainly cost will be a major consideration.[/q]

Change race would definitely have to be a full reset.
Bouncer and I talked about this fairly recently. I would love and would pay for this option.

Also bumping this thread. I would most likely spend money on cosmetic/premium features. Most of this is fairly easy to code and would generate MUCH needed income to SMR especially if this evolves and you figure out a way to do some sort of monthly subcription.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
Aendar
Quiet One

Post by Aendar »

Maybe we need to find a way first to get more players to this excellent game?
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

Aendar wrote:Maybe we need to find a way first to get more players to this excellent game?
The point of adding these features is to generate revenue.

Money --> Ads --> More players
Aendar
Quiet One

Post by Aendar »

Wdell, the main flaw i see in this is getting enough money of the select few who still bother to play this great game so ads can be bought. On top of that, I see people paying a lot of money only for features to make the game a lot easier, not fancier. Wallet Warriors
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

Aendar wrote:Wdell, the main flaw i see in this is getting enough money of the select few who still bother to play this great game so ads can be bought. On top of that, I see people paying a lot of money only for features to make the game a lot easier, not fancier. Wallet Warriors
I agree there will always be those "Wallet Warriors" that is why it needs to be balanced that donating money does give you a slight advantage in some aspects but nothing that a player who doesn't donate will be able to keep up.

I think right now the importance is to get more players. If you have to skew the game a little in order to generate income to attract new players, that in my opinion, it is more important to get players than to make sure the game is completely balanced.

These can always be altered down the road to be less impactful as the playerbase grows.
Aendar
Quiet One

Post by Aendar »

I agree to that. Besides, I find it hard to determine A winner in this game. What makes you the winner in this game? EXP, kills, profit? Or all of that?
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

Aendar wrote:I agree to that. Besides, I find it hard to determine A winner in this game. What makes you the winner in this game? EXP, kills, profit? Or all of that?
http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11927

See this thread for that discussion.