List of New Cosmetic and Premium Features for SMR

Have a feature you want to see added to SMR? Create a topic here, once approved it can be discussed and then moved to vote. You can also submit new features via the "Request a Feature" link ingame.

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

List of New Cosmetic and Premium Features for SMR

Post by jouldax »

Cosmetic:

1. Clickable Scout Messages
Initial concept - for some small amount of credits, unlock the ability to click a scout message and have the galaxy map populate with that pinged sector in the center.

2. Customized Pod Messages
Nice little cosmetic change - for a very small fee, allow a player to have a customized message that gets sent to players they pod. Instead of "you were destroyed by xxx in sector xxx" a player could have the message say something like "you've been pwned by a noob flying a magic carpet!"

More to come

Premium:

1. "Turn Refill".
Every 24h you're able to refill 12h worth of turns with the cost of 10 credits (can be increased ect.)

2. "Speed Boost".
Increase the speed of your ship(s) this game by 10% for 50 credits. Very slight turn bonus but this will appeal to many players in the game.

3. Profit Boost.
Increases cargo capacity by 10% for a limited amount of time.

4. Firepower Boost.
Increases weapon damage done by 10% for a limited amount of time.

5. Defense Boost.
Boosts shields and armor by 10% for a limited amount of time.

6. NPC ping disabling
Self explanatory

7. Auto-scout tracker
Auto generates a sortable list in a separate tab of dates and times of scout pings.

8. Vet slot purchase.
Allows you to either purchase additional vet slots or transform one of your newbie slots into a vet slot

9. Audible scout pings
Again, self explanatory

More to come
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: List of New Cosmetic and Premium Features for SMR

Post by jouldax »

Reserved

Please submit your comments and ideas below. I will check back and update this thread as needed.
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

suggestions 1,2,3,4,5 on the premium side turn the game into a pay to win game, Pay to win games are a terrible idea, it becomes less about skill more about who is willing to spend more money, at that point people who are not willing to spend money to get a clear advantage will leave because they will always be 10% weaker, slower, and less defensive.
i killed orca.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

silverx2 wrote:suggestions 1,2,3,4,5 on the premium side turn the game into a pay to win game, Pay to win games are a terrible idea, it becomes less about skill more about who is willing to spend more money, at that point people who are not willing to spend money to get a clear advantage will leave because they will always be 10% weaker, slower, and less defensive.
Well, that's always been the debate. I asked people if they preferred cosmetic changes or would be willing to embrace competitive changes for the sake of driving more cash flow to smr. So far, more people have seemed to not mind the competitive changes, but I certainly am aware of your concerns and share them to a degree. More feedback on this topic would be welcome.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

If you make a premium membership package you'll need to make it affordable by all. I would say no more than $10/round. For the package you get a list of minor benefits. Like a higher turn cap, small speed boost etc.
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

I think the focus should be less on getting a few current members to bring in money and more get more players and get the Ad revenue up.

How about making that FFA game a 50/50 raffle situation.

$3 to enter. #1 exp, #1 kills, #1 profit winners get $10, or $10 worth of smr credits, and everything else goes towards the fund raising.

Obviously entry fee and prize money would need to be decided before hand based on the number of participants.
i killed orca.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

silverx2 wrote:I think the focus should be less on getting a few current members to bring in money and more get more players and get the Ad revenue up.

How about making that FFA game a 50/50 raffle situation.

$3 to enter. #1 exp, #1 kills, #1 profit winners get $10, or $10 worth of smr credits, and everything else goes towards the fund raising.

Obviously entry fee and prize money would need to be decided before hand based on the number of participants.
Interesting idea ron.

Definitely, the current focus is to bring in new players, but that will probably come once we've launched smr v2. I'm only listing these ideas to expand the scope of the game and make it more attractive to new players coming in. If you have other cosmetic features that you can think of, please add them here, as I'd really like to expand that side of the list if possible.
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

Holti just pointing me to this thread so I will give my input.

I disagree the game will turn into a "pay to win" type game. The turn advantages are small and you gotta realize the money will go towards helping the game. Maybe even some advertising which can bring more players in.

I like the idea of a few things. First I like "Round Pack" be ~$10 a round and gives some cosmetic/gameplay bonus' Such as 10% faster ship, 100 more maximum turns and the ability to change the color of your name. Now with this color of the name it will give it cool look and people the ability to customize their name. They can only pick a color ONCE per round with the Round Pack. Small bonus is this will hide your alignment from your enemies. They won't know if you're evil or good. The turns amount if SMALL think about the amount of income SMR could generate. Personally I would pay $10 a round and I am pretty cheap. Even if 10 people do it during the round that is $100 SMR didn't have before. Money adds up quickly.

As for regular bonus' the turn refill is something I really like. There have often been times I would LOVE to get some extra turns because I am so bored or I need to do something in game. I think 12h worth of turns with a 36h cooldown. Again, this isn't a extreme amount of turns can make it cost $2-$4 for the refill. Again this will generate a lot of money for the game. Personally for now, I don't like the "boost" ones that give your ship more firepower or armor even if its temp. With this kind of idea you don't want to flood the market with ideas you just want a select few that will get people to start donating money. Once you see people starting to do this, you can expand the ideas from there.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

I think it would be nice to have a "change race" option, similar to changing a player name. However, I think the following conditions should be used:

1. Useable only once per game. Cost TBD.
2. Resets Exp to 0.
3. Resets all racial relations
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

Incognito wrote:I think it would be nice to have a "change race" option, similar to changing a player name. However, I think the following conditions should be used:

1. Useable only once per game. Cost TBD.
2. Resets Exp to 0.
3. Resets all racial relations
I agree with all of the above. Certainly cost will be a major consideration.