Future maps

Have a feature you want to see added to SMR? Create a topic here, once approved it can be discussed and then moved to vote. You can also submit new features via the "Request a Feature" link ingame.

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

silverx2
Quiet One

Future maps

Post by silverx2 »

In the future i think maps with planet galaxies should have a number of planet galaxies less then the number of alliances expected.

For instance in the current game having only one galaxy with planets, having alliances fighting for that one galaxy would mean that there would be constant action for the duration of the game, as opposed to the current setup of everyone take a galaxy and turtle till everyone has level 70's.

I also think planets should be pre-built to an extent, so the first person to get in claim planets and lay some ground work would have the advantage of defending vs attacking/clearing.

At that point you would have 2 alliances attacking, and one defending a single galaxy, Lots of action, lots of timing and making sure you are the alliance that is busting after the other alliance cleared.
i killed orca.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Future maps

Post by jouldax »

silverx2 wrote:In the future i think maps with planet galaxies should have a number of planet galaxies less then the number of alliances expected.

For instance in the current game having only one galaxy with planets, having alliances fighting for that one galaxy would mean that there would be constant action for the duration of the game, as opposed to the current setup of everyone take a galaxy and turtle till everyone has level 70's.

I also think planets should be pre-built to an extent, so the first person to get in claim planets and lay some ground work would have the advantage of defending vs attacking/clearing.

At that point you would have 2 alliances attacking, and one defending a single galaxy, Lots of action, lots of timing and making sure you are the alliance that is busting after the other alliance cleared.
As with anything, there needs to be balance. I like the idea of fewer p-gals, but then one alliance may have to play from fed all game. I don't think pre-building planets is a good idea, because building is a big part of the game, but we have been trying to encourage increasing the building time, at least in the initial phase, to help get planets more quickly up to a defensible level. With the new map I've created, I'm trying to foster more PBs with the distance between planets reduced to around 40 sectors, and planet galaxies able to be attacked from both sides.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

I don't think I would like this kind of setup. I like being able to defend my galaxy all day with no turns and vice versa. If you make it so players ALWAYS have to attack one planet galaxy you've essentially pinholed the game into a king of the hill mode. This wouldn't work because the planet galaxy wouldn't even have advantages at this point. Routes would never be made and planets would never get at a high level. Eventually people would stop trying for it and we'd all be in fed.
Sufex
Quiet One

Post by Sufex »

silverx2 wrote:At that point you would have 2 alliances attacking, and one defending a single galaxy, Lots of action, lots of timing and making sure you are the alliance that is busting after the other alliance cleared.
You have that anyway.

NP -=Shadow=- SF LB Crusaders Armory Armory V2 GS