New Player Retention.

Have a feature you want to see added to SMR? Create a topic here, once approved it can be discussed and then moved to vote. You can also submit new features via the "Request a Feature" link ingame.

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Truth

New Player Retention.

Post by Truth »

First of all this seems to be the HARDEST thing in smr to do. new players join in and realize its extremly hard to make it on there own and most of the veteran alliances are full or to busy to show the new players the attention needed. Here are a few base ideas.

1. The newbie help alliance at this point just kind of sits there. We need to make this a valid help for new players again. At the moment it seems we have no leader for this. I am volunteering for the job.
2. 500 Newbie turns. This is fantastic..... For a newbie that has a small inkling of what there doing. How about instead of limiting them to 500 lets give them newbie turns UNTIL they drop them. Use the ranking system we already have established. Any new player is going to come into the game with there user ranking at "Newbie" now if they play a full game trading and opping. They should EASILY make it to Beginner status. At beginner status thats when the "500" limit comes into play (on there 2nd game of course). A podded newbie (1st game or not will recieve the normal amount of newbie turns)
3. Alliance account of the newbie help alliance should start with 100 million in the account. This will help get new players on there feet starting them with a decent trade ship so that the leader (Me if you so choose) can teach them to trade with a ship that doesnt make them feel like there doing nothing at all.
How do we keep people from taking this money and going to join a vet alliance giving them an advantage. Anyone ranked under beginner CANNOT leave the NHA. Anyone with a user score above that DOES NOT auto join the NHA.
4. After teaching new players about trading and when they feel comfortable enough we can move them on to bigger and better things within the NHA. Showing them how to do PR's. Perhaps Code in a few Newbie training planets so that they can be shown what planet busts are like. Presumably the veteran alliances will be to busy warring with themselves and podding others that they wont have time to go and attack these newbie planets.

5. All of this could even take place in a NEWBIE galaxy. We have NPC's we could use those for training them to hunt/not be hunted.
Naturally these ideas will have to be discussed and thrown around a bit. But if we execute everything properly we should essentially be able to train the new players to the point where they can further there knowledge with the veteran alliances out there and not be so dumb they dont know a mine from a combat drone.

Please input Questions Comments Additions ect. I await everyones ideas.
Holti
Quiet One

Re: New Player Retention.

Post by Holti »

Truth, many of your ideas are already in progress. The newbie game allows newbies to practice, Bouncer and Warg are already there to help new players. Newbies are also allowed to join the regular round when they feel ready. If you would like to help Bouncer and Warg, I have no problem in allowing you in that game. But Bouncer and Warg can tell you now that there are very few newbies there at the moment, but I'm confident that will change over time. We're in the progress of eliminating the NHA in favor of the newbie game, due to cheating accusations of the NHL. That's why you don't see a NHL in the NHA this round.