Alliance NPCs

Have a feature you want to see added to SMR? Create a topic here, once approved it can be discussed and then moved to vote. You can also submit new features via the "Request a Feature" link ingame.

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Alliance NPCs

Post by jouldax »

Stemming from a discussion with TK -

Alliance NPCs. Each alliance gets 5 NPCs. His idea was to use them solely for ops and be able to summon them to planet sectors only to help bust level 70s (summon would reduce their turns by sectors needed to ship up and arm properly).

I was thinking that maybe they could be more robust, like have an option to set them to trade or build turns (pre-op). I assume this would take some coding work, but you could even get to the point where you tell them which ship to get into (trader or wb) and which weapons to use via a menu system. They'd accumulate turns just like any other player, but kills of and by them would still not count for/against your user stats.

The idea behind this would obviously be to increase smaller alliance capabilities and allow for more frequent, larger ops to offset inactivity and scheduling issues.
Holti
Quiet One

Re: Alliance NPCs

Post by Holti »

I asked Page about that when NPCs were first implemented over a year ago. Page replied that he wasn't all that comfortable with AI, but perhaps he has changed his mind since then. If he hasn't, then it becomes what is our #1 problem - lack of coders.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Alliance NPCs

Post by JettJackson »

If it can be coded I would be fine with it, however I wouldn't mind having all of our NPCs back just to even trade. That is a lot of action that is currently missing from the game right now.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all