Ship changes waaaay unbalanced

Have a feature you want to see added to SMR? Create a topic here, once approved it can be discussed and then moved to vote. You can also submit new features via the "Request a Feature" link ingame.

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Page
SMR Coder

Re: Ship changes waaaay unbalanced

Post by Page »

Astax wrote:so you are in FW early killing evil players who are hunting traders... I have no problem with that at all :)
This pretty much sums up my thoughts. Just to add though, the FW has no mines so is lacking a way to slow people down, every other ship of its class does have at least some mines.

As for the celestials, they came up during the admin table, and yeah, it was a screw up in the SQL statements to update the ships which has now been fixed (the spreadsheet had/has the numbers as they are meant to be)
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

The only thing that does suck a bit is the FW is essentially a better version of the niji hunter without mines. It outguns it, has more defense and costs half as much... Perhaps the niji hunter could get a bit of a buff to make it more in line with the other hunter class ships.
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

The other thing I was thinking about that should be brought in line is nijiarin have always traded defense for extra offense. The fury has the least defense of any top racial but it has 7 guns. The vindi is weaker then the rest of the mid racials but it has 6 guns instead of 5...

The niji hunter currently is much weaker then the rest of the hunters but has the same 7 guns. Shouldn't it get 8-9 weapons(guns past 7 add much less then guns previous to 7). It does have 50cds which helps but I personally think that niji being the anti drone race it makes 0 sense putting CDs on any niji ship! I think it should get a bump to a total defense of 550, lose the cds and get 2 more guns. The niji mid racial should just trade the CDs for extra armor or something, give it a slight bump in total defense to compensate for losing a little firepower but get rid of the drones man!
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

You have to remember that Nij ships also have the Drone Scrambler, which gives them an advantage against drone-heavy ships. Plus, this makes them ideal for clearing now, since they also receive reduced damage from mines and use fewer turns when clearing due to the presence of the drone scrambler.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by XDemonX »

I am extremely happy with the new changes.

People are getting the opportunity to hunt who never get to hunt before and people are having to play different. This game there have been more early hunters than there has been in a long time. I was a bit concerned about that 12hp nij ship but so far it hasn't been a issue at all. Great job to Page for those changes. Hoping to see more changes like this in the near future.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

I have no qualms about the changes, every change has allowed for use of more ships which is something we should be striving for, instead of the racial trader->ist->hunter or wb methodology that we had been in for years.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

the570z wrote:It does have 50cds which helps but I personally think that niji being the anti drone race it makes 0 sense putting CDs on any niji ship! I think it should get a bump to a total defense of 550, lose the cds and get 2 more guns. The niji mid racial should just trade the CDs for extra armor or something, give it a slight bump in total defense to compensate for losing a little firepower but get rid of the drones man!
The Retribution currently has a total of 580 defence; 215 from shields, 215 from armour, and 150 from CDs.

As for Nij ships having CDs I completely agree that it makes no sense, and whoever designed them as such really wasn't thinking it through.. However as they currently do have CDs I've left that in place since they provide a decent amount of the defence/firepower of a bunch of the ships (although it has definitely crossed my mind to remove them for consistency with Nij being the anti-CDs race, and it probably will happen at some point).
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Page wrote:
the570z wrote:It does have 50cds which helps but I personally think that niji being the anti drone race it makes 0 sense putting CDs on any niji ship! I think it should get a bump to a total defense of 550, lose the cds and get 2 more guns. The niji mid racial should just trade the CDs for extra armor or something, give it a slight bump in total defense to compensate for losing a little firepower but get rid of the drones man!
The Retribution currently has a total of 580 defence; 215 from shields, 215 from armour, and 150 from CDs.

As for Nij ships having CDs I completely agree that it makes no sense, and whoever designed them as such really wasn't thinking it through.. However as they currently do have CDs I've left that in place since they provide a decent amount of the defence/firepower of a bunch of the ships (although it has definitely crossed my mind to remove them for consistency with Nij being the anti-CDs race, and it probably will happen at some point).
Nijarins having CDs could be a back story to the game that they have them even though their ships are protected from their damage, sort of like an evil race, not literally evil but as part of the storyline. Just an idea to tie the 2 together.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

I mean there is nothing saying they *can't* have CDs, it's just it feels out of place, and as long as they were balanced to not have CDs then not having them wouldn't be an issue (not to mention that Nijarin have the best/easiest racial weapon setup, so that also pushes them towards being a weapons focused race, which wouldn't have/need CDs)
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

I could see changing it to 300/300, no cds, and 1-2 more weapons.
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General