Ship changes waaaay unbalanced

Have a feature you want to see added to SMR? Create a topic here, once approved it can be discussed and then moved to vote. You can also submit new features via the "Request a Feature" link ingame.

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

the570z
Quiet One

Ship changes waaaay unbalanced

Post by the570z »

The neutral early hunter class ships are ridiculously overpowered right now. Both of the celstials are better then the racial equivalents which is dumb. The celestial Merc has a higher offense, higher defense, WAY more scout drones and cloak then almost any mid racial hunter. The combatant is the same speed as even the Thevian hunter and also has way more defense and more offense then almost all mid racials again. With these ships roaming around and the FU cost being the same as the other top racials(near as makes no difference) everybody might as well be Alskant. These ships should be fixed immediately as this is super broken.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Ship changes waaaay unbalanced

Post by JettJackson »

Both of those ships are /6, i hope people use them and get blown away by a /13 hunter which would 100% happen.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

Well anybody using a 3 million ship vs a 6 million ship should get blown up. The fact remains against the ships in the same class those outweigh the radials badly which shouldn't be the case.
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

The FW is in the same price category/class, it is a /9 and it has more firepower and defense then anything else in the early hunter category.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

the570z wrote:The FW is in the same price category/class, it is a /9 and it has more firepower and defense then anything else in the early hunter category.
It is also a good only ship where you can't trade evil goods then. It is about time good traders got something back to balance things out.

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

So what exactly is the downside, nobody buying one is trading really so its not exactly an issue there.
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

Good should get a decent ship, perhaps even on par with the racials, but certainly not better!
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

What ship is better than racials? FU isn't, I'd fight one all day every day in any racial ship. If you are basing your stance upon Jester's last game, he was 150k any ship at 150k vs other much lower exp ships is going to dominate.

the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

FW cleans the racial early hunters clock.
Astax
SMR Coder

Post by Astax »

so you are in FW early killing evil players who are hunting traders... I have no problem with that at all :)