Alliance Flagship - a perk of leadership

Have a feature you want to see added to SMR? Create a topic here, once approved it can be discussed and then moved to vote. You can also submit new features via the "Request a Feature" link ingame.

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Re: Alliance Flagship - a perk of leadership

Post by Grey Death »

Incognito wrote:
Grey Death wrote:Ok, so allow it to jump unlimited distance and unlimited galaxies.
All jumps already do that. You could make it have a better accuracy at twice the cost or something. Otherwise, Page is right. The jump would be pretty weak on it.
Man, I keep forgetting how easy we have it nowadays :lol:

So go with the 1.5x normal accuracy at twice the cost like Bouncer suggested.

Astax: I would say lets have it pay homage to the original-Alliance Flagship (don't want to call it Corporate Flagship for copyright concerns)
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Grey Death wrote:
Incognito wrote:
Grey Death wrote:Ok, so allow it to jump unlimited distance and unlimited galaxies.
All jumps already do that. You could make it have a better accuracy at twice the cost or something. Otherwise, Page is right. The jump would be pretty weak on it.
Man, I keep forgetting how easy we have it nowadays :lol:
Just wait until you mistype the sector and spend all your turns jumping half a universe away ;)
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

I have an idea on a different approach to the JD on the ship. What about leaving the turn cost high and the ACC the same but letting it jump multiple ships at once. Something like if you jump that ship up to 2 allied ships in same sector jump with it or perhaps let it jump ships to its location(type in a sector and it will pull up to 2 allied ships from that sector to the ships location)
baboom

Post by baboom »

sounds all good....I would say we get an exp boost if we pod the flagship...the rest seems ok
Astax
SMR Coder

Post by Astax »

I'd like to move forward with this forward if possible :) I can code it myself, but we need to hammer out some details! Perhaps instead of multiple jump drive it opens a one way warp that lasts for say 3 minutes? That way your fleet can go through, it still costs turns to use this warp.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

Has anything come of this? Sounds awesome.
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

Astax wrote:I'd like to move forward with this forward if possible :) I can code it myself, but we need to hammer out some details! Perhaps instead of multiple jump drive it opens a one way warp that lasts for say 3 minutes? That way your fleet can go through, it still costs turns to use this warp.
If we allow it to open a temporary warp, would enemies be able to use it as well?

Baalzamon-Not yet but close and need to test it first.
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

I think it would have to allow enemies to use it as well. Might be too strong otherwise.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
Astax
SMR Coder

Post by Astax »

Well most likely it would function as regular warp, which would allow enemies to go through. Or it would function as a one way warp.... which is probably less abusive. I'm not sure which would be easier to code. I haven't looked over the current warp code that closely. I'd like to have something for patch after next, so maybe a month from now we can Beta test.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

So, one way warps are, I think, a discussion for another time (I have talked with Page at some length about using them).

To Bouncer's point, I think you'd want the defending team to have a shot to rush back in through the warp being opened, and in terms of balance, I certainly think you need to have a max distance cap (you can't, for example, just open a warp from your own pgal to someone else's if it's, say, 60 sectors away).