A change to CDs

Have a feature you want to see added to SMR? Create a topic here, once approved it can be discussed and then moved to vote. You can also submit new features via the "Request a Feature" link ingame.

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Astax
SMR Coder

A change to CDs

Post by Astax »

Hello folks. Here is a healthy and balanced way to spice up your daily dose of SMR:
Change CDs by adding 2 new types of CDs.
Currently we have:
proposal1.png
I Propose:
proposal2.png
Now defensive values are debatable. Why would u want 0 defense?
Because that would mean it cannot be destroyed! So you continue to fire with 100% of them until you die!

Would all ships that can carry drones be able to arm these?
Most likely yes. But we could also tweak some ships to have to pick either fighters or bombers and not be able to support drones...

How would these fire?
One of two ways: Either have Fighters always fire first, bombers always last (After CDs) Or make all 3 (CDs included) into weapons in the load out and make it tweak-able.

Why would you do this?
To spice things up! Offer new weapon load-outs. Make game more interesting...

What about Ikky?
Ikky would love this! But we could limit Ikky ships to drones ONLY, for RP perspective.

What about accuracy?
It can be either similar to drones or different. Whatever feels right balance wise.

Who the 8) would code this :D?
Possibly I...

Isn't this complicated to code?
Yes and no... In theory you could store information about the different values of drones in one integer using modulus. But possibly we want to complicate it a bit so each value is stored separately, that would mean some database tweaking.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: A change to CDs

Post by jouldax »

Interesting idea. I like the flexibility it would give ikkies, but it might be too unbalanced since they wouldn't need peace with anyone and they could arm exactly however they like. Not sure how to address that either.

As for ikky ships only using drones - I have been in favor of that given the recent ship changes, although I understand Page's subsequent challenge in balancing that out.

One question for you - what would this change mean for planets?
Astax
SMR Coder

Re: A change to CDs

Post by Astax »

So far planets handle drones uniquely. So that's probably how it will stay. Although it might be harder to fill planet with drones if people do not carry drones on their ships. Still have to think about it.