Planet Shield Reworking on Busts

Have a feature you want to see added to SMR? Create a topic here, once approved it can be discussed and then moved to vote. You can also submit new features via the "Request a Feature" link ingame.

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

Lord_Luc

Planet Shield Reworking on Busts

Post by Lord_Luc »

I request that a change be considered with how planetary shields work in base busts. Currently there is a very good "luck" chance that a number of turrets and other vital systems are destroyed in the first round and all subsequent rounds of a planet bust. I think this can make planet busting to easy and I suggest that as long as a planet still has shields up that it shouldn't be able to lose any turrets or drone hangers from attacks. Possibly it could still lose shield generators.

Anyway not sure how easy this code change would be to make or if anyone has a better/more detailed suggestion but let's discuss it and see if we can improve on the current system.

Lord_Luc
Incognito
Quiet One

Re: Planet Shield Reworking on Busts

Post by Incognito »

If you've ever seen start trek though, they lose critical systems while they still have shields ;)
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
Astax
SMR Coder

Re: Planet Shield Reworking on Busts

Post by Astax »

Well with addition of bunkers, we could definitely rework how this damage works. I was also going to add a minimum # of buildings, so that you cannot destroy buildings below this threshhold. This would allow for better planet customization.