Battle Tested Ships

Have a feature you want to see added to SMR? Create a topic here, once approved it can be discussed and then moved to vote. You can also submit new features via the "Request a Feature" link ingame.

Moderators: JettJackson, Holti, jouldax

JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Battle Tested Ships

Post by JettJackson »

This is an idea with respect to a gain of incentive for traders or hunters/war birds. Basically the more you trade in a ship and not die the better your efficiency can be either maybe less turns to move a full route or higher profit/more exp gained per trade. For warbirds/hunters it could be an increased accuracy or a fractional higher damage output. It could be based upon how many turns you have moved safely, in a tiered system where you gain a certain percentage for every 1000 turns moved without dying. I would love to see this idea expanded a bit as well and hear other opinions on it.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
seldum
Beta Tester

Re: Battle Tested Ships

Post by seldum »

It would be turns without dying and switching ships right?
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

I like this idea as long as switching ships resets the timer.
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

seldum wrote:It would be turns without dying and switching ships right?
Grey Death wrote:I like this idea as long as switching ships resets the timer.
Yes this would be ship specific, if you die or change ship the benefits would end.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Astax
SMR Coder

Post by Astax »

Well as a rough concept I like it. But we should write down the end goals to make the concept more clear. I suppose people would like benefit in specialization specifically. Also people would like more bonuses in general. Or is the goal simply to spice things up?

This game is rough around the edges, so things like that are missing. More extras like this can be added to the game quite easily as one-offs. But in general it is better to do things only if the proper foundation is laid, which takes quite a bit of design and implementation. For example, in order to track stuff like turns in ship x you could just add a column to the player table that tracks turns since last ship change. That would be the easy and sloppy way to do it. Or you could come up with a way to track a lot of things and store them, in which case it would be useful for everything from achievements to a dozen other features.

Either way I'm willing to put in a ton of crap like this, but we do have a real bottle neck in bringing new patches forward due to need for code-review, which can drag on for months. But that is off topic