with a smaller user base, we should have smaller everything

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
silverx2
Quiet One

with a smaller user base, we should have smaller everything

Post by silverx2 »

since there are only about 30-40 really active players somethings need to be changed

Alliance sizes should be maxed out smaller

as a result planets need to max out at a smaller level as well.
and port defenses would need to be adjusted.

How this would affect the game:

lower level planets would allow for a more custom built planet. instead of every planet having max drones shields and turrets you would need to build a planet that had enough stopping power to cause lethal damage to the smaller attacking forces, while at the same time providing enough defense that your main damage dealer, the hangers dont get wiped out to quickly.

What this also means is more planets will be maxed out faster, this means players would be landing on planets earlier in games, which means people will try and op those planets more frequently, imagine if we had the player base where you could op a level 70 planet every time you maxed out turns. thats what we should be going for.

Smaller planets and smaller attacking forces would result in more frequent active wars between alliances.

i know personally id much rather see 4-5 10 person alliances duking it out, then what we currently have in ingenious dominating, while turn wasters and TLS try and pick them off in unbalanced numbered fights. hopefully united rebels can match up a little better.
i killed orca.
SpaceSock
Quiet One

Re: with a smaller user base, we should have smaller everything

Post by SpaceSock »

Ive been thinking of posting that for awhile. I think its a good idea the only thing I can see going wrong is the alliance cap. I agree 10-15 man alliances are perfect but i think alot of people in ING have played together for awhile now (I might be wrong), and i dont see them wanting to split up and fight each other, again i could be wrong. I do agree however that smaller planets/ports/galaxies/alliances would be benificial to our current player base. The numbers could increase along with the player base if/when we get it.
Dread Pirate Roberts
Quiet One

Post by Dread Pirate Roberts »

What would making planets smaller accomplish? So you get through the defenses a lot easier, and are still looking at a mass parked fleet of 20 people that you cannot kill.
If you can't beat em, ban em!
SpaceSock
Quiet One

Post by SpaceSock »

with a smaller alliance cap there wouldnt be 20 people on there. I still agree also that planet pops need to be removed. That with the smaller 'game' would be immensly more fun. It would feel like our player base is bigger b/c i might actually see someone else when they are online lol :)
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

SpaceSock wrote:Ive been thinking of posting that for awhile. I think its a good idea the only thing I can see going wrong is the alliance cap. I agree 10-15 man alliances are perfect but i think alot of people in ING have played together for awhile now (I might be wrong), and i dont see them wanting to split up and fight each other, again i could be wrong. I do agree however that smaller planets/ports/galaxies/alliances would be benificial to our current player base. The numbers could increase along with the player base if/when we get it.
I'd like to hope ING players would have more fun actually fighting people, then sitting around waiting for me to start clearing their forces while buying massive amounts of lotto tickets
i killed orca.
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

Dread Pirate Roberts wrote:What would making planets smaller accomplish? So you get through the defenses a lot easier, and are still looking at a mass parked fleet of 20 people that you cannot kill.

how would 20 people park on a planet if the alliance cap is 10?

the point of this is to instead of having 1 or 2 big alliances doing nothing at the end of the game due to inactive players you will have 4-5 small alliances full of active players

in order for that to work oping needs to be adjusted for the smaller scale.
i killed orca.
SpaceSock
Quiet One

Post by SpaceSock »

We need to decrease alliance cap/ planet levels/ mine stacks to accomodate the player base. How long have we been waiting on more players? More are going to leave in these overly large maps that do not encourage interaction. 2 Alliances going at it isnt much fun for everyone. I would rather see 4-5 10-15 person alliances fighting it out.
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Re: with a smaller user base, we should have smaller everyth

Post by Grey Death »

Needs discussion. Smaller team sizes are certainly still an option with the current playerbase.
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

If we could start with smaller epeens, this game would be a lot better :)
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

just want to bump this a bit,

I'm not sure what you all have planned in the pipeline, but i still feel like this needs to happen.

There are now 100 humans, 17 bots.

I would say of the 100 humans:
15 joined and quit instantly(zero exp, you gain exp for exploring sectors so these people never left fed)

The big 3 has 60 of the remaining 85 players, leaving 25.

Of those 25, I would say at least half are not active.

I know its still relatively early, but the news seems to be pretty dead outside of the occasional port raid. have there been any planet busts as of yet?
i killed orca.