Galaxy defense

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
Travdan
Quiet One

Re: Galaxy defense

Post by Travdan »

silverx2 wrote:then there is no point in looking towards advertising because nobody, or at least very few people is going to want to play a game like this starting fresh, but thats just my opinion.

now im not suggestions 1.5 type changes. as i said before that was too much to fast and really just made the problems worse. this is one thing very specific with only planetary defense in mind.
So, you're advocating a drastic gameplay change that doesn't work toward making a game that people want to play starting fresh or work toward getting old-timers to return to the game? What's the point?

I don't mean to berate you for your suggestion, as it is an interesting idea (and in fact something I had talked about at length with OR when I was helping with development for SMR). I just think if you're going to advocate something like this you need to have a solid idea about why this is a valuable change, both pragmatically and creatively.
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

its a change that would ideally keep the game fresh for the duration of the game time.

it would give smaller alliances that cant make a giant mine field a defense option so that 3 people are not able to constantly bust their planets down.

Its an end game solution, for what should be the most fun part of the game.

my suggestion that i think would fix a lot of problems with activity is to shrink alliance sizes and nobody but me wants that. smaller alliances with a smaller vet cap would promote smaller teams training new players, while providing lots of people to fight with without worrying that one team is all hardcore vets and the other are part timers.
i killed orca.
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

This idea warrants additional review.

Page-how hard would these conditional NPCs be to make?
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General