Credit Features

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Credit Features

Post by RCK »

Page wrote:
N.ator wrote:these new features wouldnt make people quit the game or anything so i dont see why not.
It might make people quit the game if they feel they can't really compete without paying, either way before I'll add something like this I'd want some sort of system to trade the credits for in-game money (or something similar) so that it's possible for anyone to get them without necessarily having to pay (and possibly get the benefits for free for the first X levels or something, so that you can get the advantage for a while before having to shell out for it).
I know tribalwars and a few others do similar things... let you try out a feature for a week or so then take it away... make you fall in love.... then make you pay for it :)

and as for other ways we already have reward credits in place, we could utilize those more.

for instance awarding the top players in certain areas. most of the options i've mentioned would have minimal impact on game play as they are purely notification methods.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Page wrote:
N.ator wrote:these new features wouldnt make people quit the game or anything so i dont see why not.
It might make people quit the game if they feel they can't really compete without paying, either way before I'll add something like this I'd want some sort of system to trade the credits for in-game money (or something similar) so that it's possible for anyone to get them without necessarily having to pay (and possibly get the benefits for free for the first X levels or something, so that you can get the advantage for a while before having to shell out for it).
Page has a point here, thats the one thing that has always been consistent with SMR, Its free to play, and the advantages of paying for things is only slight. Its a delicate balance there, how much higher of an advantage can occur before it is unfair to those who can't afford or don't feel the need to pay to play.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Other solution i can think of is to increase the cost of the current features.

I'm sure you can all see were this is heading.... looking into ways to make additional funds to help with a new interface/graphics/advertising.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

RCK wrote:
Page wrote:
I know tribalwars and a few others do similar things... let you try out a feature for a week or so then take it away... make you fall in love.... then make you pay for it :)

and as for other ways we already have reward credits in place, we could utilize those more.

for instance awarding the top players in certain areas. most of the options i've mentioned would have minimal impact on game play as they are purely notification methods.

im compltely agree wth you RCK. for anyone whos is familar with tribal wars we should defintely ollow in their footsteps!

they have a premium account where you can buy that basically adds new features where it ALLOWS you to play the game EASIER but having it there is no "technical" advantage.

This is what i think we need to work on. is to create things that make the gameplay EASIER, but while not making it so someone that doesnt have it can't play.
ImageImage
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Post by Beausoleil »

N.ator wrote:im compltely agree wth you RCK. for anyone whos is familar with tribal wars we should defintely ollow in their footsteps!

they have a premium account where you can buy that basically adds new features where it ALLOWS you to play the game EASIER but having it there is no "technical" advantage.
Plot Course to nearest comes to mind...
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Beausoleil wrote:
N.ator wrote:im compltely agree wth you RCK. for anyone whos is familar with tribal wars we should defintely ollow in their footsteps!

<awaits the riots>
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Beausoleil wrote:

This was added to help newbies who won't know about/won't want to use/can't use 3rd party programs that require downloading just to be competitive in what is meant to be a game you can play purely in your browser. Making it require credits will just mean people stick to using things like LazyTrader/MGU/SMC for finding the nearest whatever.

Otherwise it's a very good suggestion, it's just that for this particularly case I think it would probably be equivalent to just removing it altogether.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Beausoleil wrote:

and maybe an option where you can save plotted sectors that can be easily accessed would be nice!
ImageImage
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

N.ator wrote:
Beausoleil wrote:

and maybe an option where you can save plotted sectors that can be easily accessed would be nice!
now thats something i think would be a good feature, allow a player to store up to x sectors for "quick plotting"
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

This may have been said elsewhere already but...

The best thing about Tribal Wars and other games that offer features you pay for, are that the added features don't give a definite advantage in ranking up but rather make playing the game more convenient or interesting. Access to advanced/expanded information menus, shortcuts to information, simplifying non-combat actions, enabling customizable menus are things that players might use credits for. Basically, identify the painfully mundane or limiting parts of the game, make them less so and charge credits for it. The scout and news report tickers SMR offers are good examples of this, just need more stuff like that.

A couple I like:
Simplify forces drop/pickup
Save plotted sector favorites
that which pods you makes you stronger