Credit Features

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Credit Features

Post by JettJackson »

Edgecrusher wrote:Why are people looking at this from a business point of view? I don't mind discussing how to raise money, but can we please remember that this is a game, not a business, and that our priority should always be in making the game fun?
Edge yes my comment may have came off in a business point of view but the game needs to garner some means to make revenue or else there will be very very limited funds to advertise the game. So yes it was a business post and a warranted one at that.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

Or slightly enhanced versions of the most popular trading ships. Like 50 more holds.
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Ship enhancements and especially cargo holds will give paying players an advantage by definition.

So I'm afraid I have to veto this.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Edgecrusher wrote:Ship enhancements and especially cargo holds will give paying players an advantage by definition.

So I'm afraid I have to veto this.
You have no veto power ;)
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Ya the objective is to give only a slight advantage with these features, and not a prolonged one that has lasting effects through the game ie more hardware more hardpoints more holds, but along the lines of scout windows and ship names that we have now, and scout owner viewer, a future feature.

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

JettJackson wrote:Ya the objective is to give only a slight advantage with these features, and not a prolonged one that has lasting effects through the game ie more hardware more hardpoints more holds, but along the lines of scout windows and ship names that we have now, and scout owner viewer, a future feature.
Personally i see no reason that 50 additional ports would be enough of an advantage to tip the scales, keep the same limit in mind (1 month) as been purposed for other features and its no different then scout info feed to CS.

Another thought, AJAX refresh when NOT focused could be a nice feature to have (if page can do it...)
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

With all this talk about unknown and invisible scouts. Which was a bad idea then and is still a bad idea now.

What I would be willing to pay SMR for is feature that would give a random chance of 1 out of 10 that when a hunter attacks me his weapons would be turned back onto himself.

Also I read a post in this thread about paying 5 dollars per month for sometype of a package. I could not ever see myself paying 5 dollars to use something for only a month. Online games makes big money, and you get that money through volume. Make it affordable and easy to give the money. Right now the only way you can give money to SMR is by paypal or sending the cash to Spock. I think you should code it so players can use prepaid gift cards. You know the prepaid visa, mastercard, .....
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

RCK wrote:Personally i see no reason that 50 additional ports would be enough of an advantage to tip the scales
It'll tip the scales a long way if someone is going for top trader (exp or money), there's absolutely no way to compete with that, 50 holds on an IST for instance is an increase of +16.67% increased trade effectiveness, +11.76% for the ATM and so on.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Page wrote:
RCK wrote:Personally i see no reason that 50 additional ports would be enough of an advantage to tip the scales
It'll tip the scales a long way if someone is going for top trader (exp or money), there's absolutely no way to compete with that, 50 holds on an IST for instance is an increase of +16.67% increased trade effectiveness, +11.76% for the ATM and so on.
ya if its an all game thing it makes a huge difference... if its a temporary thing thats different, but honestly this is one thing id rather shy away from, its a 1.5 idea and it really didnt work then.

Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Freon22 wrote:What I would be willing to pay SMR for is feature that would give a random chance of 1 out of 10 that when a hunter attacks me his weapons would be turned back onto himself.
Lol, wanting to be ugly as Medusa, Freon? What on earth would be the motivation for weapons turning on a hunter? And you realise that I am now going to propose a feature that gives a 1 to 10 chance that a hunter fires twice?