Credit Features

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Credit Features

Post by Edgecrusher »

I really like the idea of making "plot to nearest x" a paid feature. Everyone can still use MGU/SMC/LT, so there is very little technical advantage (apart from the fact in-game searching is faster). It was meant for the newbies, then why not keep it for the newbies: make it so that as soon as you lose italics you also lose the plot to nearest option.

In general I like the idea of not adding features to the game, but making standard elements a feature. Other suggestions for features that already exist:

- Making forces unknown
- Seeing friendly traders and friendly forces on the map
- Newbie turns
- Zoomable maps: make it standard 5x5 and anything extra is a feature

Of course all these features should be available to newbies without paying. That serves as a teaser and also makes it easier on the newbies.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Edgecrusher wrote:I really like the idea of making "plot to nearest x" a paid feature. Everyone can still use MGU/SMC/LT, so there is very little technical advantage (apart from the fact in-game searching is faster). It was meant for the newbies, then why not keep it for the newbies: make it so that as soon as you lose italics you also lose the plot to nearest option.

In general I like the idea of not adding features to the game, but making standard elements a feature. Other suggestions for features that already exist:

- Making forces unknown
- Newbie turns

Of course all these features should be available to newbies without paying. That serves as a teaser and also makes it easier on the newbies.
yes i agree. create a package, and when you buy this package, like 5 credits per game or something you recieve this .. but something has to be done ! this game is a business and should and is able to make a lot of money!
ImageImage
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

N.ator wrote:
Edgecrusher wrote:I really like the idea of making "plot to nearest x" a paid feature. Everyone can still use MGU/SMC/LT, so there is very little technical advantage (apart from the fact in-game searching is faster). It was meant for the newbies, then why not keep it for the newbies: make it so that as soon as you lose italics you also lose the plot to nearest option.

- Making forces unknown
- Newbie turns

yes i agree. create a package, and when you buy this package, like 5 credits per game or something you recieve this .. but something has to be done ! this game is a business and should and is able to make a lot of money!
Might be a little under valued at 5. From a business POV.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

RCK wrote:
N.ator wrote:

- Making forces unknown
- Newbie turns

Might be a little under valued at 5. From a business POV.
5 is a good number but make it 5 per month instead of 5 per game.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Why are people looking at this from a business point of view? I don't mind discussing how to raise money, but can we please remember that this is a game, not a business, and that our priority should always be in making the game fun?
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Edgecrusher wrote:Why are people looking at this from a business point of view? I don't mind discussing how to raise money, but can we please remember that this is a game, not a business, and that our priority should always be in making the game fun?
I agree completely
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Page wrote:
Edgecrusher wrote:Why are people looking at this from a business point of view? I don't mind discussing how to raise money, but can we please remember that this is a game, not a business, and that our priority should always be in making the game fun?
I agree completely
and since when have we ever thought this game as a business? if this was a business prospective then we would have been having advertizement for this game, a bigger player base, and a monthly income! mhm i wonder what the monthly income of this game currently... 3 dollars?
ImageImage
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

N.ator wrote:
Page wrote:
I agree completely
and since when have we ever thought this game as a business? if this was a business prospective then we would have been having advertizement for this game, a bigger player base, and a monthly income! mhm i wonder what the monthly income of this game currently... 3 dollars?
No if it was run as a business we would have shut down by now.

And for the record:

Current donation rate is: $6.00 per week (within last 3 months).
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

The last few comments reveal one of SMR's biggest problems. Is there anyone in control of the game? It really doesn't show.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

I think that is part of the problem. Page is doing a great job and Spock is very generous for making available a server, but if you would ask me who the 'CEO' is, I wouldn't know. There's also a lack of consistency: If either Page or Spock is hit by a train, the game is gone. If we have money to buy our own server and fire Page, things may change, but for now I am afraid we are stuck with what we have :)

But we're getting off topic here.