More News

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

More News

Post by Harry Krishna »

Players outside the action don't often get to see or hear the struggles between alliances. Reading it in the news gives new players and those outside the events an idea of what is going on.

When planet ownership changes
9/16/2010 12:30:31 PM The planet In Your Face located in sector 1950 of the Tangeria galaxy was overrun by invaders and is now under control of the Adult Swim alliance.
When alliances control all planets in a galaxy
9/16/2010 12:30:31 PM The Adult Swim alliance now controls all planets in the Tangeria galaxy.
When alliances no longer control of all planets in a galaxy
9/16/2010 12:30:31 PM The Adult Swim alliance has lost control of the Tangeria galaxy.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: More News

Post by Edgecrusher »

I would like to add

"The port in sector 1416 has upgraded and now sells/buys good x"

"Alliance Adult Swim has a new towel boy/alliance leader"

"Alliance Adult Swim now has the first place in kills"
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Both of these are great and helpful for those who might not notice.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

All look good to me, though i expect some people to cry over that port upgrading one :)
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

RCK wrote:All look good to me, though i expect some people to cry over that port upgrading one :)
Well that's one I wouldn't have, if someone wants to know what port you are upgrading they should have to go through some work and turns. Now if we are talking about a racial port upgrading then that's a different story.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

JettJackson wrote:
RCK wrote:All look good to me, though i expect some people to cry over that port upgrading one :)
Well that's one I wouldn't have, if someone wants to know what port you are upgrading they should have to go through some work and turns. Now if we are talking about a racial port upgrading then that's a different story.
It seems you're right, RCK. Damn, thought I could sneak that one in...
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

JettJackson wrote:
Sorry, have to disagree with you. Ports are in the business to make money. Just because your alliance is the one funding a large portion of its ability to upgrade does not make it beholden to you. Port upgrades should be announced.
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

If upgrades are announced, then I would suggest that downgrades (after a bust for example) should be announced as well. Racial and non-racial alike. Fair is fair.

But really, let's not get too sidetracked on this one thing. I'm sure the coders have the skillz to design the code so that it is easy to add/remove news items if they don't work for the game.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Target
Quiet One

Post by Target »

i like this a lot. its important news that people who don't play all day/everyday would likely miss
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Yeah, me too. Gives impression that there is something actually going on in the game.

And no, upgrading ports shouldn't be in the news, there is a reason why maps need to be explored and why alliances prefer keeping their routes secret.
Use The Force(s)!