More News

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: More News

Post by JettJackson »

Infinity wrote:Yeah, me too. Gives impression that there is something actually going on in the game.

And no, upgrading ports shouldn't be in the news, there is a reason why maps need to be explored and why alliances prefer keeping their routes secret.
Quoted for emphasis
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

awesome idea! it would make the game alot more interactive!
ImageImage
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

JettJackson wrote:
Infinity wrote:Yeah, me too. Gives impression that there is something actually going on in the game.

And no, upgrading ports shouldn't be in the news, there is a reason why maps need to be explored and why alliances prefer keeping their routes secret.
Quoted for emphasis
Again, just because an alliance doesn't want everyone to know their route doesn't mean it shouldn't be announced. How about you give us a valid reason on why it would change gameplay drastically?
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Alliances and traders upgrade port so that they can make more money and exper. So what would the point be to spend the time and money to upgrade a port if its going to show in the news.

Either other traders will start trading your port or some alliance is going to come along and bust it.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

compromise to this would be limit the upgrade announcements to racails and neutrals.
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

I don't think announcing upgrades/downgrades would change gameplay drastically.

As it is now, most experienced players know that the big alliances are making 40x routes, they may just not know exactly where it is happening. Port raids in the news already indicate the building of a route by busting competing ports. The intentional upgrades of a port are not immediately known until you either a) fly out there and look or b) spend a few SMR credits on new maps.

Having these in the news is a threat to the secrecy of alliance routes, but my point is that secrecy doesn't really exist now.
that which pods you makes you stronger
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Maybe not but people should still have to go through some effort to find out what port is being used for an alliance route. Some things just shouldn't be free information.

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Grey Death wrote:
JettJackson wrote:

Quoted for emphasis
Again, just because an alliance doesn't want everyone to know their route doesn't mean it shouldn't be announced. How about you give us a valid reason on why it would change gameplay drastically?
Read my above post, and I don't see why I have to justify myself on this issue, maybe you should give reasons why planet gal changes should be announced freely to everyone.

Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

As I said before, let's not get sidetracked on disagreements. Everyone seems to agree generally on the idea and most of the types of news items. Leave port upgrade/downgrades as an option to be decided later by Admins.
that which pods you makes you stronger
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Harry Krishna wrote:As I said before, let's not get sidetracked on disagreements. Everyone seems to agree generally on the idea and most of the types of news items. Leave port upgrade/downgrades as an option to be decided later by Admins.
Totally agree. Sorry for bringing chaos to your wonderful idea, HK :)