New Stats function at the end of game

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

New Stats function at the end of game

Post by N.ator »

So we play this 3 month long game, and then what? a new one just starts.. who won? who is considered a winner? the alliance with most exp or kills, but what about planets and deaths?

I think we should come up a way were we decide who is the legit winner!

Also i think it would be cool to see hidden stats

ex. how much money each alliance made, how many forces(money worth), the most traded port, etc..
ImageImage
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Re: New Stats function at the end of game

Post by Beausoleil »

N.ator wrote:So we play this 3 month long game, and then what? a new one just starts.. who won? who is considered a winner? the alliance with most exp or kills, but what about planets and deaths?

ex. how much money each alliance made, how many forces(money worth), the most traded port, etc..
I actually like the fact that the game doesn't tell you who the "winner" is. Let people come up with their own standards for who won...its always been that way, and so it should remain.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

If you can find a way of deciding a winner that people will actually agree upon then go for it :P
Sufex
Quiet One

Post by Sufex »

N.ator wrote:So we play this 3 month long game, and then what? a new one just starts.. who won? who is considered a winner? the alliance with most exp or kills, but what about planets and deaths?

Go to the alliance and look for the * next to kiNky's name, thats the team that wins every game, if she is not leading, then look for the * next to Lotus' name.

Page, I think I just found a way that people can agree upon.

NP -=Shadow=- SF LB Crusaders Armory Armory V2 GS
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

A few years ago I think during SMR 1.5 that Azool had coded I wanted to find away so the game could have a clear winner. Being that there maybe a 5 man alliance that does nothing but trade and you may have other small alliances that try to claim and hold a planet galaxy. So I wanted something that would score as much of what a alliance does. This way you could look at the alliance score and tell if your team was in 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, or 4th place.

So away most of this was coded years ago and would have to be balanced alittle more. I gave extra weight to planet busting, anyway you will see below. The alliance with the highest score wins. You will notice that a trading alliance that does nothing but make money and exper points can complete with other alliances. This is to encourage teams to play the way that they want not the way that other feel they should. For those that think this is wrong think about this the more players out in the field the more interaction.

btw: There is one more facter that should be added to this and that is planet building maybe 0.5 point for each planet level that is finished. Also you will noticed that money made is in the billions. LOL that was during the Azool SMR 1.5 :-)

So if there is something here that you do not understand please ask.

Number of Kills 156 gives a score of 156

Number of Pods 56 gives a score of 56

Number of Raids Levels 289 gives a score of 289

Number of Planets Claimed 10 gives a score of 20

Number of Planets Lost 5 gives a score of 5

Experience gain of 5925456 gives a score of 81

Experience loss of 522412 gives a score of 48

Money gain 5980456392 give a score of 386

Money spent 4876347259 give a score of 232

The score of busting a level 70 planet is 151

This alliance total score is 742.

Code: Select all

int kills = 156;
        lblKills.Text = string.Format("Number of Kills {0} gives a score of {1}", kills.ToString(), kills.ToString());

int pods = 56;
        lblPods.Text = string.Format("Number of Pods {0} gives a score of {1}", pods.ToString(), pods.ToString());

int portRaids = 289;
        lblportRaids.Text = string.Format("Number of Raids Levels {0} gives a score of {1}", portRaids.ToString(), portRaids.ToString());

int planet_Claim = 10;
        int Pclaim = planet_Claim * 2;
        lblPlanetClaim.Text = string.Format("Number of Planets Claimed {0} gives a score of {1}", planet_Claim.ToString(), Pclaim.ToString());

int planet_Lost = 5;
        lblPlanetLost.Text = string.Format("Number of Planets Lost {0} gives a score of {1}", planet_Lost.ToString(), planet_Lost.ToString());

// Math.Sqrt returns the square root of a number.
        // Experience Gain
        int exper_gain = 5925456;
        double Exper_gain_score;
        Exper_gain_score = Math.Sqrt(exper_gain) / 30;
        lblExper_gain.Text = string.Format("Experience gain of {0} gives a score of {1}", exper_gain.ToString(), (int)Exper_gain_score);

//Experience Loss
        int exper_loss = 522412;
        double Exper_loss_score;
        Exper_loss_score = Math.Sqrt(exper_loss) / 15;
        lblExper_loss.Text = string.Format("Experience loss of {0} gives a score of {1}", exper_loss.ToString(), (int)Exper_loss_score);

// Money gain
        long money_gain = 5980456392;
        double M_G_score;
        M_G_score = Math.Sqrt(money_gain) / 200;
        lblMoney_gain.Text = string.Format("Money gain {0} give a score of {1}", money_gain, (int)M_G_score);

// Money spend
        long money_spend = 4876347259;
        double M_S_score;
        M_S_score = Math.Sqrt(money_spend) / 300;
        lblMoney_spend.Text = string.Format("Money spent {0} give a score of {1}", money_spend, (int)M_S_score);

// Planet bust
        int planet_level = 70;
        if (planet_level <= 10)
            planet_level = 0;
        int Pscore;
        Pscore = (int)Math.Pow(planet_level, 3) / 15; // Math.Pow returns the powerOf
        Pscore = (int)Math.Sqrt(Pscore);
        lblPlanet_bust.Text = string.Format("The score of busting a level {0} planet is {1}", planet_level, Pscore);

//(Kills – Deaths) + (Exper_gain – Exper_loss_Deaths) + (Money_gain – Money_spend) + Planet_bust + Port_raid (Planets_claimed – Planets_loss) = Score   

int totalScore;
        totalScore = (kills - pods) + ((int)Exper_gain_score - (int)Exper_loss_score) + ((int)M_G_score - (int)M_S_score) + Pscore + portRaids + (Pclaim - planet_Lost);
        lblTotal_score.Text = string.Format("This alliance total score is {0}.", totalScore);

N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Freon22 wrote:A few years ago I think during SMR 1.5 that Azool had coded I wanted to find away so the game could have a clear winner. Being that there maybe a 5 man alliance that does nothing but trade and you may have other small alliances that try to claim and hold a planet galaxy. So I wanted something that would score as much of what a alliance does. This way you could look at the alliance score and tell if your team was in 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, or 4th place.

So away most of this was coded years ago and would have to be balanced alittle more. I gave extra weight to planet busting, anyway you will see below. The alliance with the highest score wins. You will notice that a trading alliance that does nothing but make money and exper points can complete with other alliances. This is to encourage teams to play the way that they want not the way that other feel they should. For those that think this is wrong think about this the more players out in the field the more interaction.

btw: There is one more facter that should be added to this and that is planet building maybe 0.5 point for each planet level that is finished. Also you will noticed that money made is in the billions. LOL that was during the Azool SMR 1.5 :-)

So if there is something here that you do not understand please ask.

Number of Kills 156 gives a score of 156

Number of Pods 56 gives a score of 56

Number of Raids Levels 289 gives a score of 289

Number of Planets Claimed 10 gives a score of 20

Number of Planets Lost 5 gives a score of 5

Experience gain of 5925456 gives a score of 81

Experience loss of 522412 gives a score of 48

Money gain 5980456392 give a score of 386

Money spent 4876347259 give a score of 232

The score of busting a level 70 planet is 151

This alliance total score is 742.

Code: Select all

int kills = 156;
        lblKills.Text = string.Format("Number of Kills {0} gives a score of {1}", kills.ToString(), kills.ToString());

int pods = 56;
        lblPods.Text = string.Format("Number of Pods {0} gives a score of {1}", pods.ToString(), pods.ToString());

int portRaids = 289;
        lblportRaids.Text = string.Format("Number of Raids Levels {0} gives a score of {1}", portRaids.ToString(), portRaids.ToString());

int planet_Claim = 10;
        int Pclaim = planet_Claim * 2;
        lblPlanetClaim.Text = string.Format("Number of Planets Claimed {0} gives a score of {1}", planet_Claim.ToString(), Pclaim.ToString());

int planet_Lost = 5;
        lblPlanetLost.Text = string.Format("Number of Planets Lost {0} gives a score of {1}", planet_Lost.ToString(), planet_Lost.ToString());

// Math.Sqrt returns the square root of a number.
        // Experience Gain
        int exper_gain = 5925456;
        double Exper_gain_score;
        Exper_gain_score = Math.Sqrt(exper_gain) / 30;
        lblExper_gain.Text = string.Format("Experience gain of {0} gives a score of {1}", exper_gain.ToString(), (int)Exper_gain_score);

//Experience Loss
        int exper_loss = 522412;
        double Exper_loss_score;
        Exper_loss_score = Math.Sqrt(exper_loss) / 15;
        lblExper_loss.Text = string.Format("Experience loss of {0} gives a score of {1}", exper_loss.ToString(), (int)Exper_loss_score);

// Money gain
        long money_gain = 5980456392;
        double M_G_score;
        M_G_score = Math.Sqrt(money_gain) / 200;
        lblMoney_gain.Text = string.Format("Money gain {0} give a score of {1}", money_gain, (int)M_G_score);

// Money spend
        long money_spend = 4876347259;
        double M_S_score;
        M_S_score = Math.Sqrt(money_spend) / 300;
        lblMoney_spend.Text = string.Format("Money spent {0} give a score of {1}", money_spend, (int)M_S_score);

// Planet bust
        int planet_level = 70;
        if (planet_level <= 10)
            planet_level = 0;
        int Pscore;
        Pscore = (int)Math.Pow(planet_level, 3) / 15; // Math.Pow returns the powerOf
        Pscore = (int)Math.Sqrt(Pscore);
        lblPlanet_bust.Text = string.Format("The score of busting a level {0} planet is {1}", planet_level, Pscore);

//(Kills – Deaths) + (Exper_gain – Exper_loss_Deaths) + (Money_gain – Money_spend) + Planet_bust + Port_raid (Planets_claimed – Planets_loss) = Score   

int totalScore;
        totalScore = (kills - pods) + ((int)Exper_gain_score - (int)Exper_loss_score) + ((int)M_G_score - (int)M_S_score) + Pscore + portRaids + (Pclaim - planet_Lost);
        lblTotal_score.Text = string.Format("This alliance total score is {0}.", totalScore);

I LOVE IT!

implement it, and lets see how it works. if people dont like it then they dont have to look at it?
ImageImage
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

I'd love to see this in a spreadsheet (google docs?) so that it's easier to see the relative effects of each variable and balance them against each other, as it stands these numbers are very hard to visualise and see if they make sense.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I had worked on this many years ago. It was during Azool SMR 1.5 days, I had to find a way of getting the numbers down to a size that was readable. So that it showed a clear winner. I will put it into a google spreadsheet next week if I can and will send you the link when done.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Freon22 wrote:I had worked on this many years ago. It was during Azool SMR 1.5 days, I had to find a way of getting the numbers down to a size that was readable. So that it showed a clear winner. I will put it into a google spreadsheet next week if I can and will send you the link when done.
could you post it back to this forum? i would like to see it also
ImageImage
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

N.ator wrote:could you post it back to this forum? i would like to see it also
Yes I will post the link here, I started it on Friday and got over half of it done.