For future draft games

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
Schatten

For future draft games

Post by Schatten »

It might be useful to have a page where potential players can list info like their time zone, experience, typically play strategy (trader/hunter etc) before the draft
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: For future draft games

Post by N.ator »

not just for draft games but all games. a have a personal profile!
ImageImage
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Would definatly be an improvement to the current album to make it more customizable (and need more administration :( )
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

This is a good idea, at least the time zone thing and maybe their experience with the game.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Schatten

Post by Schatten »

I think another element that might be good for draft games is waiting until a player has 500 or 1000xp before being drafted. This would eliminate long rosters of non-active players and reduce the instances of new players withdrawing larges amounts of money from the alliance account before they really know how to play.
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Post by Beausoleil »

Schatten wrote:I think another element that might be good for draft games is waiting until a player has 500 or 1000xp before being drafted. This would eliminate long rosters of non-active players and reduce the instances of new players withdrawing larges amounts of money from the alliance account before they really know how to play.
Good ideas...
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

I think that the player base should also give the players an overall rating, after this draft round. So next draft round, we have a guage of who did what in the draft round. Some people came to ops, some people were active, some people traded and mined, and then any of the riff raff who stole money or just solo'd the entire game or never came to chat, etc. Giving a rating would really help IMO. Then we know who actualy took the draft round as a fun round, and tried, and those who just ate money and wasted a draft pick.
Holti
Quiet One

Post by Holti »

I like the idea of having player profiles with time zone and other information they want to share (emphasis on what the players want to share).

Player ratings would be hell, in my opinion, in a game where we can't even agree which alliance won a round (is it exp? is it money? is it # of kills? is it # of planets owned?)
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

There is no reason to limit player selection for a draft game - the whole purpose is to bring back players that haven't played in a while and foster activity. The draft game should be balanced as the game goes on, not before it starts. Player ratings will also cause a lot of :D.
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

I love the idea of personal profiles.