Add to the game.

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
silverx2
Quiet One

Add to the game.

Post by silverx2 »

Right now SMR i think has a large issue in regards to new players, and on occasion some older players where there just isn't enough to do.

For all intents and purposes SMR is an MMO, albeit where most MMOs are primarily PvE with PVP later, SMR is mostly PVP with trading being the Main other option.

I think thats a problem, There isnt enough to do early on in the game to really keep people around till later in the game where fleet fights happen, and even if they do stick around they may not participate. Essentially for an actual new player you join, you trade and either a.) you die while trading, b.)you buy guns and die trying to kill an experienced player that knows how to SMR dogfight or c.)maybe you get invited to an alliance you slowly start to learn the game a bit and maybe do a planet bust or a port raid, rinse and repeat the game ends and it starts over.

For me, I wish there was more, I wish there was scripted events that took a group of people to do something really fun as opposed to everyone sit in 1646, 10 people in sectory.. fire.. player a and b go uno, wait 2 minutes 10 people in sector, fire. It's just so boring. Bleh.

Hey you have not played in 2 days so you have a lot of turns, go to all of these sectors and hit refresh forces then wait however long it takes per sector for them to refresh. Bleh.

I want to have fun, I want the game to have more moments where the enemy is coming from multiple locations and your moving as a fleet to the uno to make sure nobody gets taken out enroute. I want those Dynamics FUN moments that seem to happen so rarely. I wish there was PvE elements Similar to those moments just to freshen the game up a bit. Think of them like Raids in WoW, Just really hard, Scripted encounters meant to make your fleet have to work together and complete specific tasks, while avoiding the everyone sit in one sector for 3 hours while you try to bust a planet that might have people on it where the only time you actually move or do anything is to uno.
i killed orca.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Add to the game.

Post by N.ator »

1 solution. more turns.

no one moves around or anything because of the lack of turns. what about we make experience loss due to a death less, and more turns.. so you can die 3 times a day every day if you choose!! yes it would give an advantage for the people who play more frequent but hey its a game and it should be the one who plays the most will have an advantage!!
ImageImage
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Post by Beausoleil »

I agree, some kind of "quests" would be a cool addition to the game. Page has NPCs coded, though I'm not sure how intelligent they are.

Whether you have enough turns or too many turns just depends on what you play the game for.
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

N.ator wrote:1 solution. more turns.

no one moves around or anything because of the lack of turns. what about we make experience loss due to a death less, and more turns.. so you can die 3 times a day every day if you choose!! yes it would give an advantage for the people who play more frequent but hey its a game and it should be the one who plays the most will have an advantage!!

even with more turns the problem remains. your still doing the same exact stuff over and over. Its essentially fetch quests up until the point where you try and bust high level planets and have fleet fights. the game needs more then that.
i killed orca.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

i know what you mean. thats why we have to implement more things..

2 week games, 1 week games! 5 man alliance games! stuff that is different from the constant 2 month games...

the problem though is that NO ONE WANTS TO TRY THESE, they instatnly thing they will bust and not be fun! what we have to do is just do it and then people will see that it is fun!
ImageImage
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

N.ator wrote:i know what you mean. thats why we have to implement more things..

2 week games, 1 week games! 5 man alliance games! stuff that is different from the constant 2 month games...

the problem though is that NO ONE WANTS TO TRY THESE, they instatnly thing they will bust and not be fun! what we have to do is just do it and then people will see that it is fun!

just adding more games isn't going to change anything. Adding more turns, and adding more games just means your doing the same 3 things more often, and in multiple games.

trade, bust, clear mines, trade, bust, clear mines, trade, bust, clear mines.

there is no crafting, no PvE, the closest thing to a raid/boss is a level 70 bust with only the slimmest chance of any real reward.

All there is is trading, clearing, busting. and hoping for that rare fleet fight that actually gives them game some excitement and tension.
i killed orca.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

yeah and thats why if more money is pushed into the game, if more things happen. like for instance if mines drop when you bust a port! or npcs come, i know azool had them working pretty well in 1.6! and just more stuff to happen because im frankly about to quit bc its boring!
ImageImage
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

N.ator wrote:or npcs come, i know azool had them working pretty well in 1.6!
It was 1.5 for one thing, and as far as I'm aware they barely did anything, I looked at the code to see if I could finish them off and it only had a very loose structure in place, they couldn't actually do anything really.
As it is I want to bring NPCs to a wider test on live fairly soon (in a side game), but there's a few things I still need to do to make them sensible.
The other thing I think would be awesome to bring back are missions, unfortunately that's something I've wanted to do for a while and still have yet to start, so I make no promises on that happening any time soon :(
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Post by Beausoleil »

Page wrote:
N.ator wrote:or npcs come, i know azool had them working pretty well in 1.6!
It was 1.5 for one thing, and as far as I'm aware they barely did anything, I looked at the code to see if I could finish them off and it only had a very loose structure in place, they couldn't actually do anything really.
As it is I want to bring NPCs to a wider test on live fairly soon (in a side game), but there's a few things I still need to do to make them sensible.
The other thing I think would be awesome to bring back are missions, unfortunately that's something I've wanted to do for a while and still have yet to start, so I make no promises on that happening any time soon :(
I'd be willing to help generate ideas and possibilities for missions.
Incognito
Quiet One

Post by Incognito »

I will gladly help with any of the testing.
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.