Different Galaxies

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Different Galaxies

Post by RCK »

Astax wrote:A not on this I was thinking about introducing background images for sectors. It could be parley into it.
Talk to Freon22 about this, he's been doing some work with the UI.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Yes have been working on the background images for Current Sector display. Its html5 and css3 you can use multiple background images if you want. You just want to make sure you layer them right. I add them in the head this way they can be changed on the fly. You can see how the multiple background images display at this link. http://freon22.jamwick.com/sector/CurrentSector2.html You can see the planet, sun, and stars, each is a different background image. seldum has been making the planets at least he was, I would have to readjust the size after he finished them so they would fit and to lower the bit size. If you visit the this link try landing on the planet, I wanted a background image for when you park. So I took a open source image and gave it a green cast so it would look like the planet. Also while you are there try going through the warp sector.

Code: Select all

<style type="text/css">
        html, body {
            background: url(images/planet3.gif) no-repeat left center, url(images/brightstar1.gif) no-repeat right top, url(images/background.gif) repeat left top;
        }   
   </style>
Astax
SMR Coder

Post by Astax »

Yeah that's pretty good.