Different Galaxies

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
silverx2
Quiet One

Different Galaxies

Post by silverx2 »

Is it possible to give different galaxies a different look, or maybe characteristics.

For instance.

Human galaxy would be old school black and yellow, standard move rate.
Thieven would be the current green scheme but with a lower movement speed due to higher gravity or something else made up, Thieven ships are un-affected by this(little bit of a racial advantage)
Ikky space would have a purpleish look to it, Mines decay twice as fast as other racials due to the Gas clouds. Plays off the Ikky mine weakness.

Add something extra layers to the game
i killed orca.
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Re: Different Galaxies

Post by Beausoleil »

silverx2 wrote:Is it possible to give different galaxies a different look, or maybe characteristics.

For instance.

Human galaxy would be old school black and yellow, standard move rate.
Thieven would be the current green scheme but with a lower movement speed due to higher gravity or something else made up, Thieven ships are un-affected by this(little bit of a racial advantage)
Ikky space would have a purpleish look to it, Mines decay twice as fast as other racials due to the Gas clouds. Plays off the Ikky mine weakness.

Add something extra layers to the game
I'm for it.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Be an interesting twist
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

Very interesting idea. I am game for trying it. Would also allow us to consider similar merged ideas for the neutrals....say good ships get extra turns if parked in neutral overnight or something.
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

Grey Death wrote:Very interesting idea. I am game for trying it. Would also allow us to consider similar merged ideas for the neutrals....say good ships get extra turns if parked in neutral overnight or something.
exactly, this plus different types of planets would give heavy incentive to want to land in neutrals as opposed to fed. It would just require some balancing to make it better, but not overpowered. Give each neutral a different type of galaxy to make them different and encourage early game fighting to take and control a specific galaxy based not so much on sector entrances and distance from uno, but also well Galaxy a.) makes Combat drone armor 25% more effective so when people are clearing it takes 25% more damage to kill them, while galaxy b.)gives .25 more turns per hour
i killed orca.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

i love the idea about different colors, and a whole different theme and idea when it comes to different effects in each gal.
ImageImage
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Discuss - *Need page/spock input about coding logistics.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

I like the different LOOK idea for the racials, but I'm not sure there should be any different characteristics.

I love the look AND characteristic trat ideas for the neutrals, and would even take it a step further to customize certain areas within the neutrals.

For example, a 9 sector square part of the main neutral is filled with space debris. Costs you 2 turns to navigate through it (2 turns per sector).

Maybe a tiny galaxy has a random wormhole that let's you warp, free of turns, to a non-predetermined space within another galaxy.

And another galaxy has a small quadrant that costs no turns to move through (tailwind of some kind).

Just some prelim ideas.
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

different look in regards to new layout with background images sure dont need the other affects.
Astax
SMR Coder

Post by Astax »

A not on this I was thinking about introducing background images for sectors. It could be parley into it.