new fed perk

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
silverx2
Quiet One

new fed perk

Post by silverx2 »

Randomly while trading you will get an offer to deliver goods/people to another random port. in exchange you will get half the distance multiplier of the distance from port a to port b.

So I'm a fed and i'm trading i get an offer to deliver 300 lux to a port 22 sectors away, if i do it ill get xp and money equal to 11x for lux.

It happens randomly similar to checking for illegals
The port for delivery would be random with a maximum distance
The rate that you would get these offers would go up if your fly a fed ship.
i killed orca.
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Re: new fed perk

Post by Beausoleil »

I like it.
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

You could do an entire trade system based off requests like this. You have to go to local bars and look at what people are asking to be traded, or look at fed HQ, or the UG, or get a tip from a friend in your alliance. You go to bar, see a job posting for 3k food to be shipped to a port. You do it, you get money and exp. Instead of waiting for ports to refresh, you wait for jobs to refresh. Hell you could even tip the bar tender for future private job postings.

Bars would then be useful, hunters would hunt bars.

I think that the current change to trade ships made trading alot better, and the game in general alot better. Next step could be an overhaul to the trading system.
silverx2
Quiet One

Post by silverx2 »

Kard wrote:You could do an entire trade system based off requests like this. You have to go to local bars and look at what people are asking to be traded, or look at fed HQ, or the UG, or get a tip from a friend in your alliance. You go to bar, see a job posting for 3k food to be shipped to a port. You do it, you get money and exp. Instead of waiting for ports to refresh, you wait for jobs to refresh. Hell you could even tip the bar tender for future private job postings.

Bars would then be useful, hunters would hunt bars.

I think that the current change to trade ships made trading alot better, and the game in general alot better. Next step could be an overhaul to the trading system.
Love it.
i killed orca.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

the game azool made had this concept.. try to get that code and implement it into this game.
ImageImage
backlash

Post by backlash »

It could go out as a global message and possibly give you a multiple(1-9) of your trip so say u travel 20 sectors to get to the port 20*(2)*base exp rate. This would bring in the hunters as well and you would race with others and decide on whether it is worth the risk.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Requires discussion
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

I added this thought to my quest/mission response. I think you could go to the HQ for a task if you don't want to trade. I'd have to think of some other ideas to add.
Holti
Quiet One

Post by Holti »

I like the idea of using the HQ for more than just buying stuff :)
Storm

Post by Storm »

Bumping this one, because I think missions would add depth to the game. Unfortunately I think some of my ideas would require a LOT of coding.

Missions can be picked up from Fed HQ, UG, and bars.

Missions could include:

*Port 123 is running low on X goods. Deliver those goods to the port and then report back when finished.

*(This would require having a different type of planet. One that you could land on to perform the mission, but you're not able to stay ON the planet for more than five minutes. This planet type cannot be claimed by any alliance, and cannot have forces laid around it....say 3x3 around.) Planet A is currently suffering from an epidemic. Planet B has medicine available but no ships to transport. The mission is to go to planet B, pick up the medicine, and deliver it to Planet A within a certain time frame.

*(A twist on NPC ships. They can only be attacked/destroyed if you have the mission active. Once you destroy the ship, it will reappear for the next person going for the mission to destroy). NPC ship has been spotted in sector 123. The Fed(or UG) is requesting help in destroying this ship.

There can be other missions where you'll need the help of teammates to complete....which would need some way of coding in and saying that Demon and Storm are completing this mission together.