Critical Hits

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Critical Hits

Post by jouldax »

It can always be balanced, but we need to decide if it's something we want in the game or not. It goes along with the base argument of do you want faster or slower combat?
Astax
SMR Coder

Post by Astax »

Let me see, hunters stacking weapons that can cause engine malfunctions... and gang-banging everyone :O I suppose it would be only slightly worse than what it is now.
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

Astax the thread necromancer! I still like this idea, though if its been on the backburner for 2 years I doubt it will make it in any form.
Astax
SMR Coder

Post by Astax »

Hard not to be one! almost all the threads that are still being 'discussed' have not received a vote or reply in a year :)
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

Crit hits are somewhat baked into the game already based on accuracy. You can get massive hits if all your weapons hit.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

jouldax wrote:Crit hits are somewhat baked into the game already based on accuracy. You can get massive hits if all your weapons hit.
Swing shots are the current version of a 'critical hit', too many people just trade to 20k and expect to hit like crazy, it doesn't work out that way.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

jouldax wrote:Crit hits are somewhat baked into the game already based on accuracy. You can get massive hits if all your weapons hit.
I hadn't actually considered that as a version of critical hits, but it's actually (to me at least) a pretty interesting insight. As for an additional critical hit mechanism, I'm not a fan of the idea and I don't think it's necessary on top of the already pretty luck based combat we have (if the combat was deterministic then adding crit hits would make more sense to me - although I still wouldn't be a fan :P).