Critical Hits

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
the570z
Quiet One

Critical Hits

Post by the570z »

What about adding in critical hits that do not do extra damage but can take certain systems offline for a couple minutes. I.E a sheild weapon hitting armor can scramble electronics and cause your scanner to short out for 3 minutes or something. Same thing with cloak and other technologies. Could add in to hunter ships a weapon that does very little damage but has a chance to put engines in limp mode causing you to have a 1 second timer on moving as well. Just would like to add in a few more things to have people have to plan around. This game is getting a little light on strategy for fights, I want to introduce more tactics!
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Critical Hits

Post by N.ator »

i love this idea!!

imagine this.. if you are introduce with weapons that tend to be more powerful as in more damage or accurate but lets say you have a 3 second or a 5 second waiting time for it to recharge..

these weapons could be used more towards opping as for if it was hunting sometimes it wouldnt be that helpful. but it could if you think you could 1 shot something...

as for a limit or how it would work, we could make them for example a lvl 5 rechargeable weapon would be a 5 second wait. a lvl 4 rechargeble weapons would be 4 second wait, etc.

-we could make it so you have to do achievements before getting it etc.
ImageImage
backlash

Post by backlash »

Sounds cool but what about adding it as a 6th hunter weapon or a new hunter technology(EMP harpoon). It could short weapons and cd launch codes to disable them for a set number of seconds or for a round of shooting. bear in mind that It would only be effective in the first shot with a hit or miss percentage As it seems like it would be more of a surprise thing or maybe not and it simply disables each weapon in order of their setup every time it hits? Or short engines for escape for the same amount of turns or steals away turns from the opposing ship.
I kinda of favor the first option as it doesn't give the hunter the advantage against prey but possibly another hunter or a troubling war bird.
~Greed~
ACombatDrone

Post by ACombatDrone »

How about just a certain type of weapon at a certain level takes out a weapon of a certain level for certain amount of time ( if it hits )
Like Level 4 EMP fires at Creo Big Daddy and disables it for 3 seconds.
something like that
Same for Level 3 EMP fires Large Pulse Laser and disables it for 3 seconds.
this would be good for traders who can hold 2 weps in an IST or something.
Of course these weapons would have low Accuracy
backlash

Post by backlash »

could add a shield siphon tech for hunter ships. chance on hit to absorb enemy shields into your own ship. just another idea
Beausoleil
Quiet One

Post by Beausoleil »

backlash wrote:could add a shield siphon tech for hunter ships. chance on hit to absorb enemy shields into your own ship. just another idea
Reminds me of Pokemon.

I like it.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Beausoleil wrote:
backlash wrote:could add a shield siphon tech for hunter ships. chance on hit to absorb enemy shields into your own ship. just another idea
Reminds me of Pokemon.

I like it.
LMAO
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

I know Page HATES chance-based attacks, so I doubt this will get through, but I do like the concept. I think technology add-ons belong in a separate discussion (http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=5980), so lets focus on whether or not critical hits would be worth adding to the current game structure.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

I thought this was rejected due to it being overpowered.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Only overpowered if it is configured as such, no reason we cant explore the option.