upgrading ship/player

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

upgrading ship/player

Post by N.ator »

i have always liked the idea of upgrading your ship or player..

in the past it has never worked but i think there is a way we can productively implement this feature correctly without off setting something too much.

we could have categories.

trading class, fighting class, mining class, raiding class

trading: the upgrades you get for trading class are only earned by doing trading stuff. if it is trading x amount of goods, possibly doing missions.
-upgrades: more cargo holds, searched less etc.

fighting aka hunting: upgrades earned by doing fighting or hunting features..
-example unoing 20 million will give you an upgrade. etc.
upgrades could include charge every other turn to cloak, idk we would need to figure them out.

mining: more mines you bought more upgrades.. aka hold 10 more mines, mines cost less over time, your mines dont expire as quick.

raiding: more ports and planets you raid the more damage done, the more you can upgrade. this one im unsure but maybe ports or planets will tend to hit less over time. able to get 100 more shields or armor over a long period of time... still thinking..

but i think a game should be used to not only get exp or w/e but to build up your player! this would allways reset every game but overall i think it would be cool. you can work towards your planet, to that one atachment or addon..

yes i know a lot of people will be complaining this will offset everything.. but really it wont because everyone will be able to do the same time.

i think when someone dies also, they might go back in their upgrades.. and have to re do some. to help make it less powerful.
ImageImage
Incognito
Quiet One

Re: upgrading ship/player

Post by Incognito »

If this were done, I'd say change the hunter requirements. Any raider can spend 20 mil at an uno. Maybe make them have to do a certain amount of ship to ship damage.

Seems like an interesting idea though
I+N+C+O+G+N+I+T+O=Not you

I took a calculated risk. Unfortunately, I am bad at math.
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

Incognito wrote:If this were done, I'd say change the hunter requirements. Any raider can spend 20 mil at an uno. Maybe make them have to do a certain amount of ship to ship damage.

Seems like an interesting idea though
yeah well i havnt put any real thought into the idea as the requirments.. but if people like it i would be more then willing to get like a council of a few guys and make a quick excel sheet and try it out!

this idea is basically like not only ranking up in experience but having a rank in the 3 other main parts of the game!
ImageImage
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

Id like to see more specialization possible as well. This seems like a good way to do that. Id like to see some sort of skill tree perhaps, so you can adapt yourself to whatever role you like or be a jack of all trades.
Holti
Quiet One

Post by Holti »

I think this is an interesting idea that would encourage different strats. We sort of do this already (some specialize as hunters, traders, planet builders, miners, etc), this idea would simply reward specialization. Alliances would discuss which specializations they would want to aim for in their game strat.
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

I dont like this at all
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

I am not a fan of this either, it would tend to lead to overpowering things either trading or hunting.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

It would certainly have to be balanced and there would need to be some penalty for switching between "classes" but my curiosity is at least piqued by the concept..

Idea:

Hunter Class - faster turn regen at cost of some defense

Fighter Class - 1 extra HP at cost of lower turn regen

Op Class - Extra defense at cost of lower turn regen

Trader Class - Extra cargo at cost of some defense
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

where do planet builders fall in?
or those dedicated miners...

Good question

Can always expand

Planet Builder Class - Increase speed of planet construction at cost of lower turn regen

Miner Class - Increase mine carrying capacity at cost of lower defense