Some sort of bonus for activity on large CPL

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
Azool
SMR Coder

Re: Some sort of bonus for activity on large CPL

Post by Azool »

Page wrote:Whilst this isn't necessarily a bad idea, I think its major flaw is that it is too hard to actually take advantage of, so people aren't likely to really change their behaviour as the benefit probably won't be worth the effort (especially as it's not something you have any particular control over), they'll just have a reward if they happen to get lucky and get the bonus.
Also I don't think the boost in kills exp really makes sense - surely if anything there should be less as you suddenly have more targets? :P
That is a good point in that it does relate a lot to being lucky (logging in at the right time). But at the same time, currently if I am in a trader and I log in to see 7 enemy players, I immediately log back out. With this bonus I would probably take the risk and try to sneak in a couple trades.

It definitely has some kinks that need to be worked out, but I think it would be a neat little feature if we could get it worked out.

I think the intention for the bonus for killing is to encourage 2-3 players to go harass an alliance that is trying to PR/PB instead of sitting in safety.
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Azool wrote:I think the intention for the bonus for killing is to encourage 2-3 players to go harass an alliance that is trying to PR/PB instead of sitting in safety.
Hmm, interesting thought.... the ability to hire "mercenaries" for those times when you only have 2-3 ppl on and want to have some fun against a large fleet of players.

Separate idea from this but could use further thought.
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

We talked about this in IRC. My thinking falls in line with Azool's comment about spurring smaller alliances to try and trade while an op is going on, and giving larger alliances an incentive to coordinate things like trading ops or getting people to log on so their top traders can get some additional benefit.

As for hiring mercs - it's an interesting concept but I'm not sure it would work out well.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

This is completely overpowered toward the hyperactive, that don't need bonuses.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
jouldax
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by jouldax »

JettJackson wrote:This is completely overpowered toward the hyperactive, that don't need bonuses.
Sure it's a benefit for them, but if you know the op is coming, you can benefit too, or you could get lucky and have a bunch of NPC's online at the same time. It's just an idea to foster activity.