Some sort of bonus for activity on large CPL

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
the570z
Quiet One

Some sort of bonus for activity on large CPL

Post by the570z »

For every player on the CPL not under protection, there is a 5% bonus to cash and xp when trading and a 2% bump in xp gained from kills.
the570z
Quiet One

Re: Some sort of bonus for activity on large CPL

Post by the570z »

And yes i meant it for alliance members as well as non, if this encourages trading ops, that is a good thing, not a bad thing.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

So essentially...a bonus for playing the game?

Needs some more refinement imo.
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

It is also a bonus for risk taking. If the enemy has 7 players online, I might think about trading if I can get an extra 30% cash/exp
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

So it would be a bonus, depending on the # of players actively moving within the universe?
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

So what if 10 of my alliance members are online will I get a 30% bonus? You would have to make sure it is enemy players and not ones that you have a nap with. So on a super trade route that my team has mined in, if X amount of enemy players are within a given galaxy I will get a 30% bonus on my super trade route?

This does need work and it will require some checks to make sure it is not being abused. But all in all I like the idea if it can be coded to stop the abuse that it will cause.
the570z
Quiet One

Post by the570z »

Well if you can successfully get 10 people online and out of fed so you can trade a route, i say you get extra profits/xp. Thats an awful lot of targets to potentially get shot at. I do understand the idea of everybody sitting in a heavily mined racial gal being a bit of a low risk high gain situation so perhaps planet gals should be considered with fed as excluded sectors for the current players bonus.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

So this 'bonus' would only apply for ships not located in fed? How do you treat planets?

Should it be x% for people who have moved in the last x mins? I can see this being used to calculate how many ppl are online at any given time (not that it really matters)

Also raises the assumption that it has to be 'hostile' players online outside of fed.

We're starting to get into alot of things to track at any given second .
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Whilst this isn't necessarily a bad idea, I think its major flaw is that it is too hard to actually take advantage of, so people aren't likely to really change their behaviour as the benefit probably won't be worth the effort (especially as it's not something you have any particular control over), they'll just have a reward if they happen to get lucky and get the bonus.
Also I don't think the boost in kills exp really makes sense - surely if anything there should be less as you suddenly have more targets? :P
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

i like this idea but there would just need to be a cap.. and how would it work for a non alliance member?
ImageImage