Thunderdome

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Thunderdome

Post by RCK »

This is starting to start more and more like a 'game' for a bar...
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

Yes but i'd rather not have to go to a bar to access it. You should be able to be safe while either watching or participating. IE Fed space or planet etc
Holti
Quiet One

Post by Holti »

I like the idea of a thunderdome planet, actually :)
SnakeBite
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by SnakeBite »

Jester- wrote:My idea was more like a Tronesque type fighting. They would have "virtual" ships and weapons they could choose before the fight. Then they would combat in a virtual arena. People could spectate via locations and bet on the match. It would be say a 6x6 "virtual" map that had it's own turns per match etc. Based on the ships you are given in the match (random) and weapons you choose (or these could be random as well as long as power output is even). Then players could spectate via a local map and watch where you move as well as click on the sectors to watch the combat. Combat logs would scroll somewhere on the screen via ajax. Players who have wins or streaks would get rewards like metals and maybe even notifications on current players etc. This could even be a way to get extra exp or trading benefits. The thunderdrome should have a time and turn limit. Say 200 turns and 5 minutes? You could a set number of forces.

Everything could also be randomized. Sometimes the map has an uno, sometimes just a CA. Bots could even come into play moving around to fake out opponents. You could go very far with this concept. The only limiting factor is entrance cost. Make it so you go once it's 5 mil, second time 10mil etc so you cannot abuse the rewards.
This would be ideal. Also allows people to bet on it. I'm just not sure if there should be an entrance cost all. I don't see why? Also I want a new players to be able to access it. Currently it takes a few weeks of playing before you even think of clicking that examine button with the intent of following blowing up someone.
RCK wrote:This is starting to start more and more like a 'game' for a bar...
There are also times when I would want to play when I'm maybe out of turns. Traders wouldn't be able to use this at all as moving 30 turns to and fro would just be too expensive.
Sufex
Quiet One

Post by Sufex »

Why is this not implemented yet?

There is no combat as it is. Even when my alliance will pay for any ships lost, and carry around alot of money so if we die they get that as a bonus also..

Even if we had to pay SMR creds to use this, I think it would be popular.

We either need this, or a semi/race/some type of fighting round going while the main game is going.(and no, it will not take away from the main game)

I know I will probably go back into hibernation if the next round is as boring as this one is.

NP -=Shadow=- SF LB Crusaders Armory Armory V2 GS
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Sufex wrote:Why is this not implemented yet?

There is no combat as it is. Even when my alliance will pay for any ships lost, and carry around alot of money so if we die they get that as a bonus also..

Even if we had to pay SMR creds to use this, I think it would be popular.

We either need this, or a semi/race/some type of fighting round going while the main game is going.(and no, it will not take away from the main game)

I know I will probably go back into hibernation if the next round is as boring as this one is.
Shouldnt be boring, lots of little twist and treasures to find :)
Sufex
Quiet One

Post by Sufex »

We need this... killing bots is not fun.

NP -=Shadow=- SF LB Crusaders Armory Armory V2 GS
Holti
Quiet One

Post by Holti »

I still support this idea, if it is not a coding nightmare for a few coders.
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

Approved
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Can someone summarize the suggestion with the discussions throughout so we have a more accurate overall picture.