Thunderdome

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
XDemonX
Newbie Spam Artist

Thunderdome

Post by XDemonX »

Simple idea... One man enter... One man leaves.

This is how it works. Everyone is always asking "1v1?" but they're too worried about getting teamed, maybe one person doesn't shoot enough or maybe other person just never shows up. This might take a little coding but wouldn't be too bad.

Okay the Thunderdome will be accessible through any bar. The idea is you put a request to "Enter the Thunderdome" You can either PM someone and have them go to any bar to accept the request or keep putting requests in until a random player comes in and accepts (maybe you use globals to state you want to enter to thunderdome!).

You are allowed to enter requests to enter the thunderdome for free but you must have AT LEAST 150 turns in able to send the request or accept it (this can be changed up or down). Once two players accept the Thunderdome they're warped into a galaxy without warps so no one else can enter the thunderdome. All there is a 2x2 galaxy with one uno and bars to fill the rest of the area (so no forces can be laid inside).

Here is where the coding gets a bit tricky. Uno will have to be free. You don't have to pay any money to refill your ship. You have unlimited turns when you're in the thunderdome. You will NOT yield any experience from damage. The only exp gained/loss is from killing the other person. There is a 10 minute time limit until it kicks anyone left in the thunderdome out and you lose the 150 turns you paid to enter the thunderdome of course.

This is a rough idea but i think it is something that would be a lot of fun for players who like to 1v1 and doesn't have time to play several hours a day trying to find someone to kill. Coding would be tricky and would require a lot of testing but I believe it is possible. Possibly people could make wagers with the request to. Example) "Frost wagers $10,000,000 to enter the Thunderdome, Do you Accept" so you pay the 150 turns + 10,000,000 credits to enter the thunderdome and winner gets the loser's wager.
This is a beat, you just can't touch.....
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Re: Thunderdome

Post by N.ator »

i wouldnt want to spend 10 mill and 150 turns just for a kill...
ImageImage
Siege
Admin Emeritus

Post by Siege »

Cool idea..but should make it just cost $$ and you gain the $ from the kill and not xp, there could be a separate ''Thunderdome'' (although kindof a gay name TJ) kill leaderboards and people who are the top earners have ''Thunderdome'' bounties put onto them..

If you wanted to get complicated you could have incentives for being highly ranked in Thunderdome or getting a high # of kills, such as rare weapons or something...

I think this should be looked into.
Member of far too many to name, here are the main ones : The Edge, The Forsaken, S.P.A.M. , Anla'Shok, Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Lead/colead : The Edge, Adult Swim, EPIC, Quiot Riot, Cereal Killers.
SnakeBite
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by SnakeBite »

I'm strongly in favour of something "arena like". If at all possible I do however think that there should be forces allowed in the fight (cleared after every duel ofc), and maybe the map should be slightly bigger (3x3) to really try and make it a strategic fight rather then who has fastest click/internet.
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

High level cloaker enters the octagon and... :)
that which pods you makes you stronger
SnakeBite
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by SnakeBite »

I do think however that the arena should be separate from the main game... just make it a little PvP sub game. mabey even disable stats from the game. Just add shops with free ships, uno and forces. Dunno if u could make a one-way jump or something but then that would be perfect, obviously have an UNO through that jump but a fair bit away so you actually have to get to it.

This would be such a nice thing to do when u feel like SMR and there just isn't anything to do on the main game.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

Maybe make it able to be gambled upon to. You can bet on who wins and loses and thunderdome happens on the top of the hour? Then the contestants fight and lose all credits when submitted. This way it takes say, 5 mil to join, one walks away with 10mil?
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

A 2v2 and 3v3 (and more?) would be fun too
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
SnakeBite
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by SnakeBite »

I like both Azool's and Jester's ideas.

Can't we maybe have a small trial on beta? I actually don't think any coding is needed besides making a free copy of every item. Maybe have a 2 galaxy map, a 1x1 where you can choose your ship (Maybe make the free versions of the ship without race restriction, as far as I know this should simply be a database entry) and arm on a fed, give the players a newbie turn and make them warp to the fighting galaxy (forcing them to loose newbs).

Fighting galaxy (2x2 or 3x3) will only have UNO. Not sure if forces should be allowed but I think they should.

So its essentially just a FFA but you can use the current alliance structure (Not sure if its possible to remove the 24 change restriction on alliances ) to create a 2v2 or 3v3 ect. This isn't exactly a "thunderdome" concept but it achieves much the same with little work imo. If this type of fighting is successful maybe some proper effort can be invested.
Jester-
Admin Emeritus

Post by Jester- »

My idea was more like a Tronesque type fighting. They would have "virtual" ships and weapons they could choose before the fight. Then they would combat in a virtual arena. People could spectate via locations and bet on the match. It would be say a 6x6 "virtual" map that had it's own turns per match etc. Based on the ships you are given in the match (random) and weapons you choose (or these could be random as well as long as power output is even). Then players could spectate via a local map and watch where you move as well as click on the sectors to watch the combat. Combat logs would scroll somewhere on the screen via ajax. Players who have wins or streaks would get rewards like metals and maybe even notifications on current players etc. This could even be a way to get extra exp or trading benefits. The thunderdrome should have a time and turn limit. Say 200 turns and 5 minutes? You could a set number of forces.

Everything could also be randomized. Sometimes the map has an uno, sometimes just a CA. Bots could even come into play moving around to fake out opponents. You could go very far with this concept. The only limiting factor is entrance cost. Make it so you go once it's 5 mil, second time 10mil etc so you cannot abuse the rewards.