Daily bonus

New features that have been submitted via forum or in game that require more information, or further discussion.
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Daily bonus

Post by MrSpock »

A new idea we can introduce to SMR to make people to login more often (or on a regular basis).
It basically is like this:
If a player logs the next day (+24 uo to +48 hours) after last login he gets a small bonus for doing so. If he logs in on the second day he gets another (slightly more valuable) bonus and so on. From 7th day on the bonus will be the same each day.
If the player misses a day it always starts at day 1 next time. The bonus can be dependant on new/vet status (slightly more bonus for newbies)
Bonus can be like: 25% cargo filled of some good for free. A free building on ones planet, a small boost in turns and so on.

I could also imagine to have day 1 bonus category and the actual bonus for day 1 will be drawn by random from that category. Bonusses from day 2 are ofc more valuable than bonusses from day 1 and so.
It favours the players who visit often, yes. But thats exactly what we need and what we want. Each player (if new or old) can get the bonus.

What you think?
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
Your trader will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the creator of SMR.
Holti
Quiet One

Re: Daily bonus

Post by Holti »

I've seen this suggestion used in many other games, and it works with me. Though often I log in just to get the bonus and don't play that day due to time constraints. But I agree that it will help players stay connected to the game.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

sounds good to me
N.ator
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by N.ator »

i like the idea! but i dont like the idea of just random cargo put on your ship, because then it would be an inconvenience for a trader. i just think if you log in you will be rewarded with a lottery of turns.. some day it could be 5 turns or it could be 15 turns..
ImageImage
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

I think it's a good idea, just balance the rewards so that they're roughly equivalent for each X day, get on it Spock :)
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Page wrote:get on it Spock :)
x2
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Great idea, requires more clarification though. Moving to discussion.
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by MrSpock »

What exactly needs clarification?
Your trader will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the creator of SMR.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

What kind of bonuses are we providing mainly or how much at which interval
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by MrSpock »

To the initial feature request an admin function could be made where admins decide which items will be given on each day. List of 7 items, on 8th day it either starts with the first day again or the reward for the 7th day is been given on each consecutive day.